Status: I'm planning on completely re-writing this soon, it could be so much better...

Beautiful Tragedy

Seven.

It was the morning after the group dinner, and despite what had happened with Gerard i didn't feel disheartened, if anything i was now more determined than ever.

I got a smile from him, i'd cracked him. I just needed to get him to trust me, and hopefully in time he'd learn to like me.

"Want some coffee?" Ed asked me as i pulled my jumper on, snuggling into it.

"Yeah, please," I smiled, pulling my vibrating phone from my pocket.

"Yellow?" I answered, watching Ed stir the mugs and balanced the phone on my shoulder as i took one, warming my hands on the surface.

"Hey, as soon as you get to the venue we need you and Jess over here. Sorry i have to go sort out something with the venue owner. Bye"

I took the phone from my ear and looked at it, wondering if that was possibly the quickest phone call of my life. I chuckled and slid it back in my pocket, taking a huge mouthful of the coffee Ed had just given me.

"Careful, it's hot." He warned when he saw my eyes watering as the burning liquid scalded my throat.

I decided not to reply, but put my cup down and went to tell Jess that we were wanted as the bus pulled into the venue car park.

We walked off the tourbus together, chatting absent mindedly about the dinner last night as we wandered into the stage doors of the venue, running into Paul who already looked flustered.

"I swear, I don't get paid enough for this job," He rolled his eyes, "Jess, Frank needs help with his guitar, I don't know what's wrong with it, he was babbling on."

Jess nodded, grinning and checking her hair in the window before wandering off down the hallway, walking faster than she had been before; obviously eager to get to Frank.

I chuckled and rolled my eyes, and turned back to Paul who was directing a crew member i didn't recognise down a corridor to our left.

"Bert, I need you to go set up the microphones and everything onstage, make sure they're all working relatively well and then start setting up the amps?"

"Yessir!" I grinned and started heading down the hallway, happy that i officially had my first task as My Chemical Romance's roadie, and damn was i going to make a good job of it.

"Hey, Bert?" Paul called, i turned to face him, waiting for more instructions. "Wrong way." Laughing he pointed towards another door, i pointed my index fingers at him and span on my heels to face the door.

"I was testing you."

I skipped down the hallway until i reached the end of it and found myself facing two closed doors, both plain with no signs on at all.

"Stupid venue," I mumbled, before closing my eyes and picking a door. I pushed it open and walked inside, jumping as it slammed shut behind me.

Jess and Frank were standing in front of me, their heads whipped round as the door slammed and they both jumped apart guiltily.

"Were you two kissing?" I asked, narrowing my eyes suspiciously.

"Um, no." Jess shook her head, smirking at me as she smoothed her bright red hair down, i glanced at Frank who had a smile plastered across his face and shook my head.

"Okay skiver. I'm going to go do some work." I turned and pulled the door open, wiggling my fingers over my shoulder as a goodbye.

"Don't tell Paul!" I heard Jess call as the door shut, and i rolled my eyes pushing the other door open and following the hallway down to the stage.

Grabbing the duct tape, i measured roughly the middle of the stage and stuck a cross to the floor, and then another two either side. I pulled the first michrophone stand up onto the stage and placed it in front of the cross, twisting the stand around so it faced the right way, tightening the bolts.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped at the sound of another voice, I'd thought i was the only one in there. I turned to see Gerard jumping up the final step and walking towards me.

"Setting up the microphones." I told him, simply. "Is this the right height for you?"

He stopped in front of me, picking up the microphone stand and moving it to the right about three inches, he then adjusted the height, and swivelled it round.

"Now it is." Gerard shook his head, his hair falling into his face and he turned away from me. Not once having looked at my face and pulled the next michrophone stand onto the stage.

What the hell do you have against me? My mind wanted to shout, scream in frustration that he wouldn't give me a chance.

"Sorry, i didn't know how you liked them. I'll know for tomorrow, hey?" I smiled through my teeth.

Blu-tack. I told myself, Stretch it out.

"Stop watching me." He snapped as he adjusted the stand he was looking at, "Go do something which might actually help someone."

"Watching you is helping me, gives me something to dream ab-" I started, smiling at my own joke.

"Don't mess around Bert. Get the hell out of my sight and do something."

I jumped off the stage and walked towards the doors to grab some things from the van. He'd really built a strong barrier, and i was finding it harder to break down than i'd thought. I would do it, i knew i would.

I'll find a way through, and i'll save him from himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, this was a bit rushed cos i have to go offline.
IM WORKING WITH MINDLESS SELF INDULGENCE TOMORROW so i need my beauty sleep.
Im nervous!
Comments :]