Come on, Angel, Don't You Cry

A Miracle

Image

Mikey opened his eyes and looked at me warily.

I tried to smile and failed. It ended up more like a pout. “The doctor should be here soon,” I told him.

He nodded. We stared at each other for minutes, until the door opened. Then we were both looking at Dr. Davis.

“Hello, Mikey,” he said, nodding to him. His face was purely serious, without a hint of emotion. I faintly wondered if that was good or bad.

He turned to me. “Ah. Rachael. Lilly came in to talk to you earlier?”

“Yes,” I said.

“She told you how long you were in a coma?”

I nodded.

“You feel over twenty feet, and ended up with just a broken leg and some brain damage. Considering other possibilities, you’re pretty lucky,” he said.

“I’m not feeling too lucky right now,” I replied, glaring at him. I noticed that Mikey was silent.

“I suppose not.” He frowned. “That’s what I’m here for. We finally know… the answer to your question.”

I closed my eyes and held my breath. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, I had let hope creep up on me subconsciously. Mikey squeezed my hand.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” Dr. Davis said. I opened my eyes and stared at him in confusion.

He ignored my baffled look and continued, “It’s a miracle. You’re baby is not only alive, he’s in perfect condition.”

I don’t know why, but I broke into a coughing fit. It turned into laughing, and soon I was in hysterics.

Mikey joined in, laughing and hugging me.

Dr. Davis looked at us with cautious eyes, obviously wondering if we were sane.

For his benefit, I pulled myself together. “I don’t know why-” A giggle escaped me. “Nothing’s funny. I just… I’m so happy. Nothing seems like the right reaction. I mean-” My efforts to explain that I was sane failed miserably, and I had to stop. It would have been difficult to continue explaining while Mikey was kissing me. I kissed him back passionately.

When he pulled way, he turned to Dr. Davis. “Thank you,” he said, full of gratitude. Dr. Davis nodded, smiling, and left us.

Mikey was so full of energy, he almost looked alive. His face wasn’t so pale, and his eyes sparkled. I sat up, and he came to sit next to me on my bed. He wrapped both arms around me and cradled me in his chest.

“A miracle,” he whispered. “A miracle for my angel.”

I laughed, and found that there were tears of joy streaming down my face. “I cry too much.”

“You really do,” he agreed, smiling.

Then something hit me like a bag of bricks. “Oh my God!” I exclaimed. “Mikey, did Dr. Davis say HE was is perfect condition?”

Mikey’s mouth fell open, and then he grinned at me. “Yes. I believe he did.”

I started to babble. “James! James, after you, Mikey! James William Way, or baby! He’s alive! James Fucking Way!”

Mikey chuckled. “Rachael, watch your language! Innocent ears are among us!”

We both cracked up. Then he kissed me in a way he never had before.

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
*Cries* I know, it's the end! This make me very sad! Thank you everyone who read my story and commented, it means so much to me!
If you really like my writing, I just got a really good idea for a story last night, based off of a dream I had. I'm going to make it a Ray Toro fanfic, and it will be called Just to Hold You Close and Tight. It would mean a lot to me if you read that story, too.
:) Love to all,
WaterQueen07