Give Me Envy, Give Me Malice, Give Me Your Attention

Chapter 14

"Umm... yeah, I'd like a Gotta Have It with sweet cream ice cream and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups," Sam said to the server behind the counter. Yume and I smirked from behind Sam as the server haughtily took her order.

"Would you like that in a waffle cone?"

"Yep!" Sam replied and slipped a dollar into the tip cup as two more servers came out from the back. "Now you guys have to sing!" she said gleefully. Sam sang along as the servers sang their version of "I'm a Little Teapot." Yume and I looked at each other.

"Think we're going to get our ice cream soon?"

"Not if Sam keeps throwing money in there."

"Wow, that was awesome you guys!" Sam said, high-fiving each of the servers before paying for her ice cream.

"Uh huh," Yume nodded, stepping up to order her own ice cream. "I'd like a quart of mint ice cream with Reese's and M+Ms please."

"A quart?" the server asked in disbelief.

"Yes, a quart," Yume glared at the server evilly.

"Okay."

"Yay!" Yume cheered, giving the server her money and skipping over to the side to watch them make her ice cream. I giggled, wondering if Yume would have killed the server if she hadn't gotten her quart.

"I'd like vanilla ice cream with chocolate chips, peanuts and Butterfingers please," I ordered, although I was busy watching Yume dance as they made her ice cream.

"What size?"

"Uhh... the middle one," I replied, pointing to the display cups.

"Okay..." the guy's voice seemed to trial off as I finally looked up to face him. He looked oddly familiar. I stared at him as he counted out my change. Suddenly, it hit me... literally. Yume, in her happiness, had been flinging her arms everywhere, hitting me in the head and causing me to see the guy's nametag as he walked to make my ice cream.

"Jake?"

"Yeah Adrienne?" Jake turned to face me.

"Oh, nothing," I blushed, rubbing my head.

"Oh, okay," he replied, continuing as before.

"Hey, that is Jake," Sam exclaimed, waltzing over with her ice cream. "I'd recognize those green eyes anywhere." I gave Sam an odd look.

"No, I mean, he's the only guy with green eyes that I know," Sam defended.

"Hi Sam," Jake broke in, grinning. Sam waved at him furiously, as if barely noticing him.

"Hey Adrienne, your ice cream's ready... well, it's been ready for quite a while," Yume said, pointing to my already melting treat sitting on the counter. I picked it up, and then turned back to Jake.

"So... did you already take your fifteen minute break?" I asked.

"Yeah, it ended like 30 seconds before you came."

"Oh..." I replied, greatly disappointed. I'd really wanted to talk to him. You can't blame me for taking a chance, can you?

"We can sit here and eat our ice cream," Sam suggested, smiling at me.

"And you guys could have a long distance conversation."

"Okay," I perked up. I quickly ran over to the table nearest the counter and turned my chair so I could face Jake.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made a huge mistake. When I was transfering this story over from Quizilla, I meant to change one of the character's names from Gerard to Jake. I went back today and realized that I didn't change it all though. Sorry for any confusion.

So, if you see a character named Gerard, know that it is Jake and that they are the same person. Please tell me if you see this so I can correct it! Sorry again.

Why did I change it? Because I really liked the name Jake and because someone said this on Quizilla. "OMG!!! Gerard Way is in this????" Uhh... no. That's why. :D