Sequel: Drumsticks 2.0

Drumsticks, Starter Kits and Bass Guitars

Taking Gerard's Money

Tarra wiped the sweat off her brow as she picked up another bill.

"I soo effin raise you ten," she said, smirking at Jepha. Jepha sighed.

"You're trying to put me in the poor house, aren't you?"

"You've only lost three rounds," Tarra said with a grin and a shrug.

"I don't think you should get to deal anymore," Frank said with a sigh, laying down his money.

"Fuck this," Bert burst out, "I raise you my fucking shirt." And he ripped it off his back and tossed it at the table.

Tarra tried to quirk one brow but failed horribly. Her father could do it, but she just hadn't managed to figure out that perfect mix of left and right face muscles. She shrugged in defeat before looking at her three victims.

"Read em boys," she said with a laugh as the three sighed. Bert swore under his breath. He'd already lost eighty dollars to her, and now his favorite butt sex shirt.
Jepha riffled through his wallet.

"I'm all out of cash," he said unhappily. Bert was already betting his pants as Frank shuffled the deck. Tarra laughed as Jepha grabbed Bert's wallet, buying in with his friend's cash.

[Twenty Minutes Later]

"I'm all out of money too," Frank muttered.

Surprisingly, Tarra had only lost three rounds. One in which she had lost an article of clothing. Bert was pushing for her red Breast Shirt but Tarra had pulled a shoe off and shoved it in his face.

"There you go, hun," Tarra said with a sickly sweet smile. Bert crossed his arms and pouted.

Frank pulled out another wallet and laughed at the weird looks.

"It's Gerard's. He's been looking for it all day long. Haha, I raise you twenty."

Tarra laughed, matching his. He had shit. That look on his face said it all.

When Brandon passed them Tarra called out, "Hey Brandon!"

"Yeah?" he asked, looking for his slightly deranged sister.

"She's not here," Tarra said with a smirk, knowing what, or rather who, he was looking for.

"I've got fifty dollars and a pair of sticks if you cover for me," Tarra said lightly. Brandon nodded happily, pocketing the money.

Bert and Jepha left to get ready for their set as Tarra and Frank headed back to The Dominant E's van.

"Where the hell did you learn to play poker like that?" Frank said, as Tarra pocketed little more than five hundred dollars. Three hundred of which was Gerard's.

Laughing Tarra told him simply, "New Years Eve. Of course we always played with quarters." Then with a laugh and a shrug she jumped on Frank's back and made him carry her the rest of the way.

"You get to be my new best friend," she said affectionately, "You won't ever eat my brownies will you?"

"Nope," he said seriously, "Gerard is the sweet whore."

As Tarra and Frank talked about the difference in playing guitar and drums, and the difference in 80's and 90's rock Gerard and Ray walked up. Gerard kicked Frank in the shin.

"You fucktard," he said evilly, "Give me my wallet."

Laughing Frank handed it over. Gerard looked through it suspiciously.

"Where the hell is my money?" he asked, eyes narrowed. Frank pointed at Tarra, while she stood there laughing.

He held his hand out expectantly. She shook her head. "I won it fair and square. Poker."

"You bet all three hundred dollars?" Gerard squeaked.

"Haha, she'd already won eighty dollars off me."

"Why were you carrying three hundred dollars in twenties anyway?"

"Because the machine wouldn't give me fifties."

Feeling guilty Tarra handed him back a handful of cash. He quickly counted it and turned his amber/hazel eyes to her.

"This is only a hundred."

Laughing again Tarra shrugged.

Brad walked up then and Cristi and Keri waved him over. He was followed more slowly by Heaven. Tarra waved her over.

"Come meet Gerard and Ray!" she shouted with a squeal. Her eyes got wide and she muttered about sounding like a teenie. Frank stiffled a laugh as Heaven defended the younger listeners.

Tarra watched, amused as Heaven invaded the lead singer's personal space, before pulling Ray into a kiss.

Tarra stiffled a giggle as Heaven said, "Had to see if your lips were as kissable as Gerard looks fuckable."

Next to her Gerard sputtered. Then he squealed like a girl when he saw her tattoo. He attacked her back and she flew into defense mode. Frank leaned in close to Tarra and whispered, "He loves mythology."

Tarra laughed again as Heaven said, "Well, geez, Gerard, if you wanted to compare your fucking to Ray's kissing, all you had to do was ask."

Tarra did laugh at that. As Heaven marched off toward the merch tent Tarra said, "She's the resident virgin."

As Tarra and Gerard talked about Heaven's tattoo Frank shrugged.

"All I saw was fire."

Tarra laughed at him. Gerard said, "The yellow flames were the words. The red and blue were the actual phoenix!" He was bouncing on the balls of his feet. Frank sighed. Hyper Gerard was not good.

Keri and Cristi shoved Brad roughly out of the van.

"Go away," Keri said, "You aren't helpful. At all."

Brad huffed away as the two looked at Tarra and the boys.

"Our set is next," Frank said, waving.

"Ohhh! I wanna watch!" Tarra said happily.

"Then come!" Gerard said, still bouncing, "Wish I wasn't scared of needles. I want a cool tatt now."

"Shut up, Gerard," Frank said sighing.

"Giddyup!" Tarra laughed, launching herself at Frank's back.

"Damn it!" he cursed as she landed on him. He hobbled off toward the stage.

"Did you notice how random the lineup is?" she asked suddenly, talking about how My Chemical Romance was going on stage after Panic! at the Disco.
♠ ♠ ♠
We were on drugs when this chapter was written. That is the only explaination.
Its intentional repetition.