Olive

Friday, May 2nd

Friday, May 2nd
Word: Decorous
Definition: marked by good taste

"Step One: Get to Know You're Partner"

Upon first glance, Olive is average. Average height. Average body. Average legs. The all-American, unnoticed, average girl.

I tried to start a conversation before we got started. "Your name's Olive, right?"

"Yep." Her short reply was muttered out of thin lips as her yellow chucks squeaked as she awkwardly rubbed them together beneath the two desks, pushed together into a makeshift work station.

After a few moments of silence, I realized she wasn't going to ask me my name, and I had to say something, so I asked her if she had a favorite color.

"No. I can't pick," she peeped. She rubbed her sweating hands off on pale skinny jeans. Her legs j jittered nervously. I cocked an eyebrow at her. "I'm indecisive," she added.

"That's cool," I said. I told her that my favorite color is green. Before waiting for her to talk, and going through another uncomfortable silence, I told her," That's just today, though. I think it's because the weather's been so nice lately. "

She shook some of her wavy blonde mane out of her face, to no avail. It fell right back, immediately. She smiled and finally spoke up. "Charlie, right?"

"Yeah," I laughed out. A grin broke out across my face. She leaned in towards me as the noise in the class started growing. A flash of silver flew at my eyes. A peace sign, a glinting red strawberry, a checkered heart, and a Transformer all hung on different chains around her neck. I asked her if she wanted to get started. She told me yes, her voice a little uneasy. That was a month ago.

"Step 2: Getting Stared"

Now that we're done reading, yeah, it took a month for two of us to get through one book, we had to start our assignment. The theater teacher gave us another 'get your creativity lowing' project. We have a few choices: modernizing a part from the Oedipus Cycle, writing a spin-off for one of the characters, creating a board game with all the important events of the play, or twelve other ideas that, after we read the whole list, seemed to have blend back into the paper.

We settled on the spin-off. We're going to write a sitcom for Antigone if she had lived. We had a vague idea of putting her in the 21st century and what that would be like. I really don't remember. Olive wrote it all down. Whatever. Theater's gay and I should have signed up for auto-tech.
♠ ♠ ♠
Olive is based on me so much, it's not even funny.