Olive

Friday, May 16th

Friday, May 16th,
Word: Esoteric
Definition: To be intended for or understood by only a specific group

So, apparently, when Olive told me we couldn't meet on Wednesday after school, that we'd have to do it Thursday, it was because she was going to the movies with Luke. She didn't tell me Tuesday. We just talked about nothing in class. On Wednesday, she didn't talk about it. Again, we just talked about TV shows, or something. How did I find out? Luke told me Thursday. At lunch. He told me that he's going to ask her to go to Prom with him. I mean, they're already going in our group, which Jenny is in, too, but now they're going to be going TOGETHER. Well, unfortunately for him, today in theater, I made sure Olive will be busy tonight.

Speaking of theater and Olive, we went to my house yesterday. It was so much fun. We finished step four. "Creating a conflict." We lost the other sheet that had all the other steps on it, so we just finished it the way we wanted to. It was a lot easier without the stupid steps. We finished by one, since it was a half day, and so we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I think she has every line memorized. She might even be better than me. We were still bored afterwards, so we went up to go get pizza, and ended up playing laser tag at the place across from CiCi's.

She really is horrible. It's adorable. We teamed up on a bunch of 12-year-olds and dominated once I told her that it works best when you walk sideways and duck when you shoot. She got the hang of it and ended up doing pretty good for someone who was playing against 12-year-old boys who probably spent every weekend here.

After that, we really did get our pizza. Even that was fun. Some weird guy came up to the window, lifted up his shirt, and shoved his disgusting, hairy, sweaty body upagainst the window. No joke. It was the funniest, grossest thing I've ever seen at CiCi's. Besides their gross pizza.

Well, anyways, tomorrow is Prom, and I'm not looking forward to going with Jenny. But it's cool, because she told me to get a purple tie, and I got a green one, instead, which I learned today is the color of Olive's dress. So I'm not too worried.
♠ ♠ ♠
That really happened to me at Cici's after laser tagging with my friends one time. It. Was. Amazing.