‹ Prequel: Changes

Making the Album

Packing.

"What are you taking on tour with you?" Robert asked, balling up a shirt and chucking it into his suitcase. Blondie shrugged.
"Same old shit. Drums...clothes...." The drummer sighed and examined a tattered pair of jeans. "Think these'll hold together?"
"Definitely not." Tony said, dragging her suitcase into the room and dropping onto the bed.
"Tony...this is male-bonding time." Robert said awkwardly.

The guitarist rolled over and looked at him. Her face was serious.

"I have a bad feeling about this tour...I just...I just need to be near you guys, alright?"

Tom rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you big baby. Now help me fold this shit."
"Folding? When did we decide to be all fancy?" Tony laughed.
"Since Tre told us we wouldn't have too many irons on the tour bus." Blondie said darkly.
"Won't there be like...something to iron with?" Tom asked.
"Tom, you're an idiot, you know that?" Robert said, jamming a pair of sneakers into his suitcase.

Tony laughed, watching as he tried to squish everything into the suitcase. Robert cursed.

"I've got too much shit!"
"Yeah...the guys have been spoiling us..." Blondie murmured absently.
"Speaking of the devils, Tony, you're getting pretty close with Billie." Tom said, uncharacteristically serious.
"I know."
"And?" Tom looked at her.
"What 'and'? There's nothing to....'and' about."
"Tony...you guys have been fucking for a while. Is he gonna...you know...take care of you...if...anything...you know, happens" Robert asked, blushing furiously.
"I'm not late, or anything, if that's what you're asking." Tony replied dryly.
"Don't play dumb, Tony." Blondie chimed in from the closet.
"I'm not. What Billie and I do is our business."
"Aha. But if you get pregnant, will he make it his business too?" Blondie looked at her without blinking.

Tony rolled onto her back with a sigh. Robert promptly sat on her legs.

"Ouch." She shoved him off. "But seriously, guys...I trust him. I know he'll take care of me."

There were two more thumps and Blondie and Tom settled on the bed with her.

"That's all we need to know, sweetie." Tom said innocently.
"You were fishing for stories![/i" Tony accused with a smile.
"So?" Blondie laughed.

"Tony, the only important thing is f he hurts you, we'll hurt him. Bad."

Tony smiled and wrapped her arms around them, dragging her three band mates into something of a pig pile. It was a mess of arms and legs and muffle curses.

"I really love you guys." She said softly.