‹ Prequel: Changes

Making the Album

Introductions.

"Good morning!"

Billie nearly hit the ceiling. He landed on the floor, completely naked. Tre burst out laughing, then ducked as Tony hurled a lamp at him. Billie grabbed a blanket from the bed, glaring at Tre.

"I WAS SLEEPING!"
"I know, I know. But I just couldn't resist."

Tre exited the room chuckling. Billie tugged on a pair of pants and climbed back into bed. He watched as Tony yanked on her own clothing, scowling.

"That man... there has to be payback of some sort."
"Laxatives in brownies. Tre can't resist brownies."
"Have I mentioned how much I love you?"
"Not as of yet."
"Then...I love you."

He grabbed her and planted a wet, slobbery kiss on her cheek. Tony squealed. That was another thing he liked about her; Tony could giggle and squeal, and never sound like a teenie.

"You're beautiful." He said softly.
"And I'm your's." She replied.

~~~

"How was your night?" Robert asked Tre, smirking.
"Let's just say that it was something people make movies about."
"Hmph. Movies." Blondie chuckled.
"You may laugh, but you're looking at the next Ron Jeremy."
"If by that you mean short and fat, then, yes, yes we are." Tom said, smiling so Tre would know he wasn't serious.

Tre threw an orange at him.

"It's too fucking early for food fights." Barry shut the door behind him.
"You look wonderful." Robert said, in a voice that implied the exact opposite.
"I know... I know. But we can't start until everyone's out here. And then we need to wait for one other person."
"Who?" Tre asked, interested.
"You'll find out when he gets here."
"When who gets here?" Asked a sleepy voice.

The door closed and Jay and Mike entered, looking drowsy but extremely happy. It was noted by all that the pair was holding hands.

"I'm gonna make some coffee." Mike announced and kissed Jay on the cheek before vanishing into the kitchen.

Jay plopped down on the couch and yawned.

"So... Who're we getting introduced to?"
"Barry's got a new friend." Tom said slowly.
"I'm sensing awkwardness." Mike yelled from the kitchen.

There was a moment of silence. Then everyone burst out laughing.

"What the hell is going on?" Tony asked.

Billie was carrying her piggyback into the room and dumped her onto Jay's lap. Jay raised an eyebrow.

"I'm not interested in a trade, Bill."
"Pretty ring, Tony." Tom said.

Which caused everyone to stare at Tony's finger. She giggled.

"I'm engaged!" She whooped. Billie kissed her.
"Congratulations!" Jay exclaimed.
"I'll break out the vodka!" Tre said happily.
"After the meeting, after the meeting." Mike said before shoving Tony off Jay's lap and sitting next to him.
"Why did I have to move? I was comfortable!" Tony complained.
"Because my lap's better." Billie told her, and dragged her onto his own lap.
"Robert, can I sit on your lap?" Tom asked, pouting.
"Why, of course, darling." Robert replied in a voice not unlike Billie's. "Come over here."

Tom minced his way over and sat daintily on Robert's knee. Tre, Barry and Blondie burst out laughing. Mike choked on his coffee. Jay smiled and yawned again.

"Alright, alright." Barry chuckled.

There was a knock at the door. Blondie sighed.

"Don't all try to open it at once."

He returned a moment later with Rabbit. Billie's eyes widened. The boy was almost a mirror image of Billie in his younger days.

"You look vaguely familiar." He told the teenager. Rabbit shrugged.
"I used to like your hair."

The sentance carried a very pointed meaning. Billie looked slightly put out. Barry stood.

"This is Rabbit. He's going to be our assistant producer and in charge of mixing the album, and a bunch of other trivial shit like that."
"So he'll be coming on tour with us?" Robert asked, from behind Tom.

Tony watched as Rabbit looked them over. Rabbit raised an eyebrow but said nothing about the arrangement of the band members.

"Yes, he'll be coming on tour with you guys. That's why he's here. To meet you buffoons so he'll know what he's dealing with."
"That was a mistake, Barry. Now he's not gonna want to come!" Tre joked.

The next few minutes were filled with awkward introductions. Rabbit smiled and laughed easily, but when he was faced with the members of Green Day, his actions were decidedly cold.

So when, Billie and Mike vanished to the kitchen to get beverages they'd already come to a conclusion about the boy.

"He thinks we sold out."
"So?" Mike replied."He won't be dealing with us."
"Yes, he will be. He's gonna be Barry's assistant. That means he'll probably be working with us in studio."
"Shit."
"We can tell Barry we hate him."
"We cannot! Did you see how much the Dolls liked him? They'll be pissed."
"But-"
"Let's just take him on tour with us. And if he still hates us by the end of it, then we'll just ask not to work with him."
"But-"
"Don't go jumping to conclusions, Billie. He may just hate us because I'm gay." Mike joked airliy, and returned to the living room.