I Want Nothing to Do With You

I Want Nothing To Do With You

'How could he do this? How could he tell? How could he?! I thought I could trust my best friend! Guess I was wrong'
"HAYLEY!" a voice rang out. His voice.
I kept walking. I could hear his footsteps quicken into a run.
"Hayles! Wait!"
I don't even bother speeding up slowly, I just broke out into the fastest run I could.
'Wow I guess gym class wasn't a waste of time.' I thought as I pushed passed and dodged people in the hallway.
'THE DOOR! Freedom from this personal hell.' I smiled for the first time today.
"Hayley!" his voice sounded so far away now. He never was the fastest kid.

BAM!

The door swings open and I almost try not to fall down the stairs in my rush.
"Hayley watch your self." A voice says from below me.
I stumble and start to fall. I close my eyes and brace for impact.
Yet two arms catch me and pull me into a hug as we fall to the ground.
"Hayels are you okay?" the voice asks softly, full of concern as we start to sit up.
"Yeah..." I open my eyes to see that I'm being held bythe girl of my fantasies her...
The beating of my heart is out of control right now. Great, this is exactly what I need right now!
"Are you sure? You look like you just ran for your life." she says with worry-filled eyes.
"Cause I did.." I cough out.
"What happened?" She asks, siting me up.
I sigh 'She already knows right? I should just tell her the truth.'
"Is it about the rumors?" she asks suddenly.
"Wha? Oh well.. actually.." I begin.
'Do I tell her? She obviously whats to know. Well of course she does, They involve her.'
"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to Hayley.." she said softly, to make sure I was listing.
"But.. I do.." I muttered, just as soft.
She looked at me but I couldn't look into her eyes.
I kept mine fixed on the rainbow button she always wore at the end of her necklace.
"Hayley?" she says, trying to break my trance.
She doesn't.
But he does.

BANG!

I looked up from her arms to see him in the doorway, gasping and winded.
"We need to talk." He said slowly between breaths.
A glance at him standing there above me was enough of a reason to get up and continue running.
It was easier to run though, when I didn't have her face to watch me leave.
"You can't just keep running Hayley, life doesn't work like that." He said tonelessly.
His words didn't sink in, only the look on her face did as I got up and began walking away, quickly breaking into a run.
"Hey! Hayley get back here!" He yelled, now farther away.
I turned on my heel, jogging backward to catch a glimpse of him.
He took a step forward to continue the chase when a foot appeared out of nowhere in front of his path.
As he went tumbling down she watched.
"Oh darn I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." I could hear her say.
'Did she really just...' was all I could think.
I stopped and she caught my eyes.
The way she looked at me I knew, she would wait till I was ready to tell her.
'Thank you' I mouthed out.
She nodded as I turned and ran.
'I'll tell you when he's not around... Those rumors are true, I really do like you...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Man I liked this one.
Comment loves.
If you do I'll give you....
A hug!