Sorrow's Love

New Thoughts

A few weeks had passed and Neokanie's kitten had gone. She missed it, but she knew it was always near by, so no worries. Sasori and Neokanie have gotten along, even better. They both went to the movies or did something every Saturday night. Together. Only, he always went out for a walk every night, when she had gone to sleep.

She remembered asking him why, but he never replied, just smiled a bit, as if she never said a word about it. She worried, but soon realized he was busy, not another girl, but something important. Neokanie went to her first track meet, she made second highest, the boy was at least ten seconds faster then her, so what? she thought as she went into the girls locker room.

"Hey Neokanie," said a girl that she'd been talking to for a while now. "I was wondering...who's that cute boy? Are you going out with him? What's his name? Spill!" she shrieked in joy. Neokanie had a weird expression on her face.

"Ummm, he's not my boyfriend. Ummm, his name's Sasori, he's my roomate at my apartment?" she anwsered a bit calmly.

"So are you dating him? I've seen you both go out every Saturday night?"

"N-no, we're friends, but since we always having nothing to do on the weekends, we go out to do something, f-for fun..." she nodded, and smiled, then walked away. Neokanie still missed her father, but he's in a better place now. I wonder what he's thinking about, she thought as she saw Sasori, looking up at the clouds. He seemed a bit, angered or really stressed.

"Hi Sasori, w-what's wrong? Did I take too long? I'm sorry."

"No, it's nothing important, so how'd it go?" he asked as they both began walking home. She smiled softly at him and said

"Very good, for the girls I was first again, but compared in all, second. How about you, have you found any info on whatever you were assigned or something?" she asked glancing at him. He nodded, but said nothing. I hope he know's he can trust me. What if I'm getting too annoying, I don't think so, but, she thought. When thry both got home, she had done her homework at school, Neokanie took a quick shower then began dinner. After eating she cleaned the dishes.

"If...n-never mind..." she said hopelessly as she heard the door open and close as she walked into the living room. Neokanie sat on the couch, alone watching some comedy show. I wonder, if I asked Sasori... or told him that I really liked him, what would he do or say? But...I mean, if she said it seemed like it, then maybe he likes me that way, right? I'll just have to wait and see, she thought as she sighed and changed the channel.