One Way or Another

Calming an Angry Lion

Gerard’s POV

We were on the bus now. I stared absent-mindedly out the window. I could see Ray’s reflection on the glassy surface. I knew exactly how Ray felt. He had this crazy little crush thing on my sister, he didn’t understand it very much, he just knew he’d save her from anything that harmed her. Tears had built up in both of our eyes.”Hey Ray,” He looked at me. “You don’t think Mikey is right do you?”

He shrugged.”I don’t know..”He looked out through the window. The night time scene sent shivers up my spine.

Typical Ray. “It was just a prediction ―”

“No it wasn’t Gerard use your eyes. Mikey is right!”He gave me a venomous glare.

I broke the look. “I know.” I whispered low enough for my ears only. “Look Ray.” I looked up at his face the tear poured out of his eyes. I spoke up a bit more. “I know how you feel. But you don’t need to ―”

“I don’t need to what!” He overreacted. “Care! ― Well guess what Gerard I do!”

I shouted back at him.”I know that you like her more than just a friend. You don’t need to feel responsible over my sister!”

He leaned back in his seat while I shouted at him. I realized I stood over top of him. “You didn’t make her a promise that she would never be hurt again.” He got up in my face while he talked.

I winced as he spoke. Then I remembered that my dad had tried to rape her when she was thirteen thus the reason we saw her then. I was about to say something to him, but Mikey started before I had my thoughts gathered. “Would you two quit it already! Just go on MSN. We still have another hour before we get there!”

“Thank you!” Frank giggled. Then I heard him murmur something to Bob. It sounded like a bet. “Nah My money is on Ray he’s a tough guy. He won’t cry!”

I heard Bob say to Frank that I have been through more. That made me grin. So I went off to my laptop, and logged onto MSN. And so did my little lion. Well he wasn’t littler than me, but he was younger.

GW: Well hello little lion.
RT: Don’t call me that.
GW: you know Jess gave you that nick name.
RT: really now. [I heard Ray sigh]
GW: yes she did!
*-Jessie Way has logged in-*
RT: ya right I doubt Jessie gave me that name!
GW: but she did!
JW: what did I do?
RT: are you calling me a little lion?
JW: *giggles* It’s because of your hair… and you have the teeth to match!
RT: Oh thanks.

Ray had started to cry. “Ha Frank you owe me twenty!”

“Shut up Bob! That was mean to just outburst like that!” Frank said smoothly to Bob.

“Hey don’t you two think it was dumb to make that bet as we sitting here?” I gestured to me and Ray. Then I looked at his face. “Awh hey Ray it’s okay.” I patted his shoulder, he shrugged it off. “Okay…” I rolled my eyes and started to pay attention to the convo.

RT: is Donna beating on you?
JW: well uh..
RT: you don’t have to answer ― that’s just what all of us are thinking…
JW: she hovers…
RT: I’ll take that as a yes then..
GW: why would you ask her that!?
JW: it’s okay Gee calm down.
RT: so much for calming a lion.
GW: but I was calming an angry lion mind you Ray
RT: :P what ever
JW: tehe, I can’t wait to see you guys :P

“Hey guys!!” Frank called. “Guess what! Mikey was kidding we’re here!” I looked over at Frank.

“Bull shit!”

“Oh my fuckin’ god! You and Ray look the same right now!!!” I looked over at Ray. His eyes were wide open and his jaw dropped as far as it could go. If Frank said we looked the same… I shut my mouth and looked away embarrassed. “You guys are creepin’ me out. You guys are like umm ―”

Bob helped with the unknown word. “Mirroring Frank..”

“Oh ya you two are copying each other!” Frank said like he just had an epiphany. Bob huffed. I cautiously looked at Ray, there we were again doing the exact same thing. Then both of our laptops got a nudge sent by Jessie. We both jolted in shock then laughed at the same time.

JW: hellooooo!
JW: Ray cub!
JW: Gee bear!
JW: oh hey umm Mikey is here…
JW: oh man so are you guys
JW: :)
JW: I’m coming on the bus!
Jessie has sent a nudge

So this meant I looked over and Ray was looking at the door expectantly. I could hear Jessie talking to Bob and Frank out side. “Really he cried! ― I’m not that bad! ― Oh jeez.” She came slowly up the stairs. Just the way her hand was on the railing I could tell that she had finally blossomed into a woman. I looked out side to Bob and Frank, Bob was laughing and pointing at Frank’s waist. I noticed what happened and decided that I had snooped enough. By the time I looked back, I saw her, all 5’9” of her. I gawked. “Gerard are you okay big brother?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for readin'!