One Way or Another

An Awkward Conversation

An Awkward Conversation
Frank’s POV

I was soo worried on how long Jess had been on ‘death sentence’ and the rest of the band
called it. ―I went and sat on a chair Jess had in the corner. I didn’t know what to say.

“What did you want Frank.” She said very flatly.

“I-I-I-I-I-I.” No words came out.

“What?!” She barked in the same tone.

“I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I” Fuck my mouth.

She picked up her head. “Say it already Frank. ―” She said in a sweet voice. “What’s on your mind?”

Now I was pretty sure I could talk this time around. “I-I-I-I-I-I” No dice.

She got up from her bed. “Frank ―” This was gonna go somewhere I could tell it. “What’s the matter?” She said seductively.

“I-I-I-I-I… ― I was w-w-w-ondering i-i-f you where ―” She sat down in my lap.

“And what were you wondering?”

“I. I was wondering if you where alright.” I quivered.

“Now that you’re here I am.” She caressed my head. I was right this was going some where.. I tried to look away but I knew that she was going to kiss me. And I wanted to so bad. “What’s the matter Frank?” Her voice was venomous. “You scared?” Her faced closed in on mine.

God what a beautiful angel. Oh somebody please barge in on us!! What if.. what if.. Ray! Oh what if Ray found out! He would be completely devastated! And he would kill me. “Shit!”

”What's the matter Francis?” Her lips lingered above mine. Did I ever want to kiss her!

“I was just.” Swallow. “Thinking about Ray…”

She smiled, then she looked really sad behind her smile. “At a time like this? You where thinking about Ray?”

“Well if say.. he where to walk in on us what do you think he would think?”

“Umm… That you where going to get laid?”

“No. ―Keep on guessing.”

“That I didn't care for him?”

“Bingo! That you don't lo-like him” That was close, I didn’t know if Jess knew that Ray had feelings for her.

“You said lo-like you where going to say love weren't you?”She asked.

“Well Ray would hate me if I said anything..”

“Well just tell me I won’t act different. I won’t talk different! It would be like you never said anything!” She bounced around on my lap. “Fwankie pwealse!”

I rolled my eyes. “Fine.” She smiled. “But before I say anything you have to tell me a few things… Okay?”

“Ya, ya. Sure, sure!”

“Haha you can’t take it back now!” Proud of my self I went on and asked the first question. “So why where you going to kiss me..? I want the truth okay?”

“Ya.. umm well I think you’re cute.. And I was kinda hoping that we could.. Umm work out?”

“Oh hmm lets see now. Question number two.. Why do you want to know if Ray loves you or not?”

“Well umm… I live on curiosity?”

“Okay.. Number three. ― Do you like or love Ray?”

“Umm…”

“The truth…”

“Yes! Omigod I love him. That’s the main reason for my crying! I’m soo in love with him. And that’s why I want to know if he feels the same about me…”

“Okay, that makes sense. Now I reward your honesty ― Ray does have feelings for you. He feels responsible for all of this that has happened to you, since your dad. ―Jess I am pretty sure he loves you.”

She giggled then kissed me on the cheek. Beyond the door we heard foot steps. “Frank come and eat! My mommy made really yummy food!” It was Mikey.

“Oh alright!” I hollered. “Sorry Jess but I gotta go.”

“Thank you Franklin!” She hugged me and kissed my cheek before she got up off of my lap.

“No prob Jess.”

“TTYL!”

“Ya, ya bi.” I left the room and went to the dinning table.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks!