Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Hungover.

A very loud, very annoying bang woke Billie. He cursed, then opened his eyes and looked around.

"What the fuck..."

Why was he in the bathroom, leaning against the wall next to the shower, topless and shoeless? And then it all came back to him. The drinking, the laughing. Tony taking him back to the bed. Undressing him, getting him a drink. Holding him while he threw up.

And where was Tony, anyway?

He sat up shakily, and saw her curled up in the actual shower, still dressed. He smiled and gently kissed her forhead. She jumped about a mile and banged her head on the soap dish.

"Oh my god! Billie, don't scare me like that!" She cursed the soap dish and the shower, then kicked the shower door for good measure, rubbing the back of her head.

After she'd finished cursing out the shower, she stretched and turned to the door. Billie stopped laughing and reached out to gently grab her wrist.

"I just wanted to thank you."
"For what?" Tony asked. Billie noticed she hadn't yanked her wrist away.
"For dealing with my drunken ass all night. I won't forget it."

She smiled at him.

"You were a cute drunk, you know that?"
"Well, I try." Billie replied.

Tony bit her lip. Then she lunged at him, pushed him back against the wall, and kissed him. Hard. Billie, stunned, let her. She pulled back too quickly.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, and wrenched the door open and disappeared.

Billie sank down to the floor. His heart was pounding.

~~~

Hey Adri.

I think I did something wrong.

I know you wouldn't want me to be alone. I know you'd want me to be happy. But...

But this...it's too much, too soon. And Tony, I don't think even Tony knows what she's doing.

It would be so easy to just give in and be with her. But then there's the part of me that belongs to you. And it won't let me be with her.

And she kissed me. She took care of me. She did exactly what you would have done.

But I still miss you. And it still hurts when I think about you. And when I kissed her, I think about you. And the worst thing about this whole mess is:

when I kissed her, I wanted to pretend she was you.

Adrienne, you need to send me a sign. Tell me what to do with this.