Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Promise.

She knew she should get up. She was cold, and the air felt slightly damp, as though it were about to rain.

But the pounding in her head was so bad, and the memory of last night still swirling around. She just wanted to sleep. And then she felt the raindrops and cursed to herself.

Surprisingly, before she could get up, someone picked her up, cradled her gently in their arms. And sang quietly.

It had to be Billie. She'd known that voice, heard him sing that song. 'Sometimes I Don't Mind,' Tony had sung that herself, once upon a time.

He tucked her in. He stroked her hair away from her face, still singing that song. He kissed her forhead, ever so gently.

"I'll be back...I promise." He whispered. She felt his breath on her cheek. And then she heard his footsteps fade away, and the door shut.

Sitting up was torture. Her bones cracked and her head spun, but she refused to lay back down. They needed to get moving, or they would be late. She had guitar solos to work out, and she couldn't just lay in bed and nurse this hangover.

Unfortunately, her body did not agree. She took two steps and nearly fell over.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck."

Holding on to the wall for support, she dragged herself into the bathroom. As quickly as she could, she stripped off her clothes. She smiled to herself. Obviously, Billie hadn't wanted to remove any of her clothes. He was such a sweet little boy sometimes.

Tony stepped into the shower, leaned against the wall. Rivlets of water ran down her face, erasing the sweat and stink of the club from her skin. She ran her hand through her hair, cursing quietly to herself.

"Why did I do that? Why? Why? Why?"

Slowly but surely, the bathroom filled with steam. Tony watched as the shower's glass door fogged up, as the mirror slowly vanished.

Stepping out, she rubbed the fog from the mirror and looked at herself.

"Why? Why did you go out? You got trashed...you sang that song...you're weak." She told herself.

Then, very slowly, she turned her arms, wrists facing up. And looked at the scars that gouged her flesh.

"Weak."

~~~

"So...how was Tony doing?" Mike asked, sipping his coffee. Billie sighed.
"She was sleeping when I left."
"Where's everyone else?"
"Tre took them to go see the stadium."
"Heh. Tre's been spending an awful lot of time with them."
"You know Tre. He's just looking out for them. Making sure they don't make the same mistakes we did."

There was a short pause while Mike sipped his coffee. Billie had the feeling that Mike wanted to talk to him about something. And his suspicions were confirmed the second Mike put down his coffee.

"What's the deal with you and Tony?"
"There is no deal."
"Billie, you dashed out of the room so fast Tre thought you'd turned invisible. You went to Gilman Street. You carried her back. You stayed up all night with her. And she stayed up with you when you were drunk. Something is going on."
"I...I just don't know. We're just friends, I guess."

Mike looked skeptical.

"Would I lie to you?"
"Yes."

They looked at each other, then started laughing.