Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Stealth.

Billie left Tony's bed around four in the morning. He figured he'd get some sleep, then be back before she woke up.

So he slipped out of her room and gently shut the door.

He didn't notice the figure lurking in the bathroom in his hurry to collapse on the couch.

~~~

"Get up."

Tony moaned and rolled over.

"Get up." The voice demanded again. She cursed.
"Why the fuck..."

Her voice died away when she saw who was standing in front of her.

"Andy." She breathed. He grinned evilly. He looked exactly the same as she remembered him. Big black leather trenchcoat like that guy on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, glittering nose ring, glittering eyes. The sallow complexion of someone who uses too many drugs. Suddenly, the room felt too small, too constricting. She almost could't breathe. But she watched him warily, casting about for some sort of weapon.

"So. You're famous now. Record deal, big rockstar boyfriend."
"Leave Billie out of this."
"You know, Tony, you were always a weak little whore. But this," He chuckled, "this is a new feat. Screwing a guy for his money...never thought I'd see the day."
"Shut up."
"Is that all you can say to me, Tony?" He taunted, hopping onto the bed and straddling her. Tony's hands balled into fists, but she did nothing. Yet.

"Even now, you're still the same little slut that crawled into my bed six months ago."

He put his lips close to her ear.

"You are nothing."

He drew back, running a hand down her cheek, smoothing back her hair.

"Poor little Tony. Maybe you've fooled your band into thinking you've changed, but I know better. You're JUST like me."
"I'm nothing like you." Tony spat, shaken. Andy laughed.
"Really? How much cocaine did you do last night then?"

Tony looked down, flushing.

"These guys haven't seen you wasted. They haven't seen you strung out and out of your mind like you used to be. You've been walking the straight and narrow, haven't you?"
"You know I don't do that anymore."
"Really? I bet you enjoyed last night. You had fun, you missed the drugs, missed the feeling they gave you. This isn't what you want. Living in a trailer with your little punk boyfriend. Playing music that someone else picks for you. Hiding from photographers."
"Well, you wouldn't really know what I want, now, would you?"
"Oh, Tony, Tony, Tony."

He started laughing.

"You don't even know what you want."
"Shut up and get off me."
"He must have fucked you good. Did he make you squeal?"

Tony tried to shove him off, but he was just too goddamn big.

"Come on, level with me. Did he give it to you good? Did you blow him?"
"SHUT UP!" She struggled and he grabbed her wrists.
"I'm gonna get you back, Tony. Marty isn't around to protect you anymore. I know where you gonna be and when you're gonna be there. And before this tour is over, you'll be back where you belong. With me."

He looked up to skylight, then grinned wolfishly at her.

"See you soon, sweetie."

Then he jumped up, wriggled through the opening and vanished.

Tony sank back, cursing, too scared to cry. Then she heard someone put a hand on the door. She jumped, then immediatly snuggled down into the bed and closed her eyes.

But before the door opened, she had one fleeting thought.

What the hell was she going to do?