Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Gone For Good.

"TONY. Tony, tell me what's wrong."
"Get away from me, Berto."
"Where are you going? God fucking damnit, Tony, TALK TO ME."

Tony turned to him, tears streaming down her face.

"I'm leaving. Its for your own good, you know that? Something bad will happen if I stay here."

Robert's face fell and he stared at her.

"Please. Don't leave."

Tony put down her guitar and stroked his cheek, standing close to him.

"I have to, Berto. Talk to Mike, he knows everything."

He hugged her tightly, breathing her in.

"Tony?"
"Mhmm?"
"Lie to me. Please."
"I promise I'll be okay. I'll come back, and we'll go on tour, and make millions, and-"

But before she could finish, her voice cracked and she fell silent. Robert stroked her hair, and let her sob. And he cursed Billie Joe, because who else could make her cry like that?

"Tell the others I love them. And that I'll miss them."

With a final, teary hug, she was gone.

~~~

"YOU. Get up."

Robert pointed at Billie Joe, his face contorted with rage. Billie just looked at him. Mike opened his mouth, but Tre put a hand on his shoulder.

"Didn't you hear me? GET UP NOW."

When Billie didn't move, Robert ran forward, knocked his chair over backwards and began punching the lead singer until Blondie and Mike pulled him off.

"She's GONE. She left because of YOU!" Robert screamed, struggling. Billie put a hand on his cheek, almost in shock.

"Robert. Sit down. Have we got a story for you." Tre told him, sitting the young man down.

~~~

"I knew you'd come."
"Shut up."
"You can just leave the guitar right there. I'll probably sell it tomorrow."

Tony glared at Andy. The bastard was lounging in bed, a joint in one hand and a knife in the other. He was probably naked, not that Tony even cared to find out. She didn't care about much of anything anymore.

The look in Billie's eyes had efficiently broken her.

"Have a line or two, sweetie. It's time to fix whatever rehab did to you."

Tony looked at the white powder, then shrugged.

"You ruined the life I built for myself, you know. You killed Marty, you hurt Billie, you punched Mike."
"Your point?"
"You won."

And Tony snorted the entire line while Andy laughed.