Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Poker.

"What did you DO?" demanded Tre as Billie dropped into a chair to watch the poker game Tre and the guys had started. His hair was still wet, drops of water clinging to his bare skin.
"I dunno. Just a girl thing, I suppose."

Which was quite the wrong thing to say, as Tony had just walked into the house holding a vanilla milkshake. The blood drained out of her face when she realized what he was talking about, then her face steeled.

Before anyone could alert Billie to her presence, she'd dashed forward and dumped the entire milkshake over Billie's head.

Tre burst out laughing. And it was a funny sight, Billie's surprised face being slowly engulfed by the thick white substance. Then Tony stormed right back out of the apartment.

"Come 'ere, Billie." Tre got up, still chuckling and led Billie into the bathroom he'd just vacated mere minutes ago.

Tre wet a washcloth and began wiping the milkshake off Billie's face.

"Now. What did you do?"
"We were...right in the middle of things...right there!" Billie grimaced. Tre choked back laughter with some difficulty.

"And then...and then I called her Adrienne."

Tre dropped the washcloth.

"You did WHAT?"
"I called her Adrienne."
"You are screwed." Tre informed him.
"You think I don't know that?
"And then there's what just happened with the milkshake...Billie, you just keep screwing yourself."
"I know, I know. But it was just a complete accident."
"Bill, I'm sorry, but calling your current girlfriend by your ex-wife's name...that's BAD."
"Urgh. I don't know how to fix this."
"Neither do I...maybe Mike..." Tre scratched his head.
"Eh. Mike's - "
"Mike's been acting weird too...and Jay, Jay's been drunk as hell ever since you brough him out here."
"I think he misses home."
"Well, just let him go home.
"Did you read the newspaper? Apparently, the police suspect foul play in Andy's murder...mostly because Jay and me shattered the door to get into the house."
"Once again, Billie, SMART MOVE." Billie cursed.

"I just fucked everything up."
"Just let it blow over. Tony'll get over it eventually, Jay'll sober up and everything will be fine."

"TRE! ITS YOUR TURN!" Tom screamed from the hotel room.

Tre looked at Billie.

"Want me to deal you in?"
"That'd be great." Tre slung an arm around Billie's shoulder and lead him back to the table.

Where Bilie proceeded to lose, win and break even. And have a pretty damn good time.

~~~

Jay was wandering again. He had a vague idea of where Mike was, but there were just so many damn people in the club.

And apparently, doing a cover of Guns N Roses and pulling it off was a way to get a major entourage. So Jay let the people talk at him and accepted drags off a joint, slowly getting high. Until he noticed Mike pushing his way through the crowd.

Then he started doing lines of cocaine.

~~~

Mike couldn't get the crowd to MOVE. The people were either moshing or fucking in the center of the dance floor. And they absolutely refused to get out of his way.

So as Mike, watched, Jay did a line of cocaine, then anothere, then another. And then a pretty young girl walked up to Jay, subtly displaying her finer attributes. Jay gave her the same slow smile that melted hearts like chocolate in the microwave.

And then she pulled out a bottle of small white tablets.

At the sight of the bottle, Mike started pushing people over.

~~~

"It's Ecstasy. Just try it out. You'll feel SO good."

Jay stared at the tiny white tablet. Ecstasy. Quite possibly the one drug he'd never taken. But then he saw Marty's face, Andy's body, Mike's tattoos.

He spun away from the girl as though she'd been brandishing a knife. Jay snatched a bottle of something, he wasn't quite sure what, from a man dancing with an almost naked woman. He drained it as he stumbled out of the club. He chucked it into the street.

And the sound of shattering glass hurt his ears.

~~~

"JAY! Jay, wait."

Jay turned around.

"Mike? I don't....I don't feel so good."

And then Jay toppled to the ground, coughing up blood.

"NO. Jay, you are going to the hospital."
"I-I'm fine."
"You're coughing up BLOOD."

Mike picked Jay, wiped blood away from his lip. Then he called 911.