Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

Awake.

Jay didn't exactly remember falling asleep. He remembered the screaming fight between him and band. Then the nurse had come bursting in, and Mike had cursed her out. Then he remembered... Well, obviously the nurse had tampered with that baggie of clear fluid, because after she'd left things started hazy.

"Well. Speak of the bitch." Jay murmured as the woman entered the room.
"Oh. Ha ha ha." She replied, squeezing his foot.

Jay gawked at her for a moment, then closed his mouth.

"You fucked with my little baggie."
"You and your friends were screaming bloody murder. Do you have any idea how fucked up you are? You need rest, and screaming your lungs out isn't going to help you get well."

She made to touch the baggie. Jay slapped her hands away.

"Oh, fuck that. You are not drugging me up before I ask you a few questions."
"Ask away."

It seemed a little odd that she gave in so quickly, but Jay needed some answers. And he really didn't care who he got them from.

"Where did my friends go?"
"Well, the little dude with black hair left after having a fight with the busty girl with the multi-colored streaks. And your brother got kicked out after he started cursing at me."
"And the others?"
"They left a note."
"And you were going to give this to me when?"
"When you were sleeping."

The corners of her mouth twitched.

"Can I have it?"
"What'll you give me for it?"
"I don't have any money."
"Then give me a kiss."

Jay cursed and the nurse slapped his foot.

"Aw, screw it. Get your ass over here."

She bent down and he kissed her soundly.

Which was quite possibly the reason he didn't see Mike walk into the room, stop and watch for half a second, then walk back out with an extremely hurt look on his face.

~~~

"Here's your letter." She said, a doopy smile on her face.
"Thanks." Jay told her, and watched as she walked out of the room in a daze.

Then he turned his attention to the scribbled letter. He noticed that it was written on the back of his vital stats. Jay resolved to read the stats the moment he finished the letter.

Jay,

We [the Dolls] are going to play a gig. It starts at nine, just so you know. We'll drop by afterwards.

We are bringing Tre with us, due to the fact that he has been threatening to draw interesting things on your face if left alone with you.

And, incidentally, you might want to read the back of this. It has some interesting facts about you.

Don't kill yourself,
The DOLLS.
And TRE THE COOLEST MALE IN ALL THE WORLD.
[under which Tony had scrawled, NOT]

Jay frowned and slowly turned over the paper. At first, it was just the usual statistics.

And then he read the words that made him break down into tears.