Sequel: Making the Album

Changes

The Grand Tour.

"And so this is the tour bus." Tre announced, spreading his arms wide as though he was conducting an opera.

Tony laughed and Billy felt his heart clench painfully. He wished that Tre wasn't so goddamn funny all the time. Or at least when Tony was around.

Robert looked awed at the sheer size of the bus. He turned to Blondie and punched his bandmate in the arm.

"DUDE! THIS IS A THOUSAND TIMES BIGGER THAN OUR BUS!" he burst out, smiling broadly. Mike laughed.

"Just wait till you guys cut an album and start your first tour."
"We're doing an album?" Tony looked at him, her eyes serious.
"Of course. You signed the contract for at least five albums, co-written by some of the best producers in the business."
"We're...we're a proper band now." Tony said slowly, as though she was testing out the idea.
"Right you are, little lady. I say we celebrate!" Tre boomed, and opened the bus door. "DRINKS ALL AROUND."

Blondie and Tom cheered. Robert smirked and laughed. Tre dashed into the bus, followed by the Dolls. Mike put an arm around Billie's shoulders and steered him towards the bus.

"She's an odd girl, isn't she?" Mike said. He didn't have to say who he was talking about. They both knew he was referring to Tony.
"Extremely."
"You know who she reminds me of?"

Billie heard it coming. But he didn't say anything. He needed to hear someone else say what he'd been thinking for the past month.

"Goddamnit Bill, she's almost exactly like Adrienne."
"I know."
"Same laugh, same smile. But once she starts talking..." Mike's voice trailed off.
"She's...she's not like Adrienne was...she's not happy unless she's playing music...singing...writing."
"And Billie, that bitch can drink."

Billie burst out laughing.

"God yes. She did shots with Tre. He was wasted when they were finished, and she was barely fazed."

Suddenly, Mike's face changed.

"Billie, where the hell is she going to sleep?"
"What do you mean?"
"Well, Bill, we haven't enough spots for all of us, and Tre, as usual, didn't take Tony into consideration when he bought the bus."
"She'll just have to sleep on the couch instead of bunking up."
"She's not going to like that."
"And neither are the guys."

Billie burst out laughing.