There for Me When I'm Down

Untitled

Nick Jonas sighed as the all familiar tune began playing on the radio.

"Turn it off, please,"he requested his brothers. Joe and Kevin looked at each other from the front seat. Joe shrugged, changing radio stations.

"She called yesterday,"Kevin said.

"What?!"Nick exclaimed, surprised.

"Yeah. Sorry, I forgot to tell you."

"Great. Why would she even call? This is stupid."

"I agree,"Joe nodded.

"What's that supposed to mean?"Nick raised an eyebrow.

"It means it's about time you got over it."

Nick rolled his eyes, leaning his head against the car window. Kevin sighed from the front seat.

"Nick, come on, this isn't you."

Nick didn't answer.

"This, is like, the first time you've come out of the house in days. How are we supposed to manage when we're back on tour?"

Joe let out a groan of frustration when Nick still wouldn't speak. Kevin decided there outing might as well be over, so he drove back towards their house. As soon as he stopped the engine, Nick got out, slamming the door.

"Hey!"Kevin protested, not liking the treatment of his car. Nick ignored him, running into the house and up the stairs to his bedroom.

"I'm worried about him,"Kevin crossed his arms as Joe opened the door and they both walked into the house. Joe nodded in agreement. They both found their way to the livingroom, sitting down on the couch. Soon Frankie came running in and jumped on the couch between them.

"Did you get me anything?!"he asked excitedly.

"Sorry, Frankie, we didn't actually get the chance,"Kevin half-smiled, still deep in thought. Frankie pouted, then ran back off to the game room. Soon Denise Jonas came in to see what was going on.

"You guys got back early. Where's Nick?"she frowned.

"In his room,"Joe pressed his lips together. Mrs. Jonas sighed.

"Maybe I should go talk to him..."she started hesitantly.

"No, Mom,"Kevin stood up,"Joe and I will talk to him."

Mrs. Jonas nodded understandingly, then headed back towards the kitchen as Kevin and Joe made their way upstairs to Nick's room. Kevin knocked lightly on the doorframe.

"Go away,"came Nick's muffled voice.

"Come on, Nick, let us in, we need to talk,"said Joe. No response. Joe rolled his eyes, opening the door anyway, Kevin following behind him as they stepped into the room.

Nick was lying down on his stomach, his face buried in his pillow.

"What's wrong, Nick?"Kevin asked softly. Nick looked up at them.

"Have you seriously not figured it out?"

Kevin and Joe looked at each other in confusion. Nick sighed, sitting up.

"Tell me when Miley's new video was supposed to be released."

"Uh...June 28th,"Joe shrugged.

"Right,"Nick nodded. "Now, tell me what today is."

"Erm...June 30th...oh gosh, Nick, sorry, I didn't realize!"Joe exclaimed, running out of the room. Kevin and Nick looked at each other and shrugged, but Joe soon came back with Kevin's laptop in hand.

"Hey, be careful with that!"Kevin warned him. Joe sat down on the bed, and quickly connected to the internet. He hesitated when he reached the main YouTube page, then typed in '7 things by Miley Cyrus'. The screen popped up, showing the link to the music video. Joe turned towards Nick.

"How bad is it?"

"Let's just say she couldn't be anymore obvious."

Kevin cringed slightly as Joe clicked on the link and the video started. Him and Joe were watching closely.

"What's up with the dogtag?"

"I gave her my old one before...well, you know,"Nick frowned, leaning back. Kevin rolled his eyes, apparently angry at Miley at the moment. He was paying close attention when Miley held up the picture.

"Hold it...stop and rewind a bit, Joe!"he exclaimed. Joe put the video back and paused right where it showed the picture.

"Nick, isn't that you?"Kevin asked carefully. Nick nodded, then stood up, going over to his bookshelf. He rummaged through it a bit, before he pulled out a picture and handed it to Kevin. It was of him and Miley, and was the same exact picture in the video, only Nick's face wasn't edited out in this one.

"I wish she would just leave me alone,"Nick said sadly, sitting back down on his bed. Joe handed him back the picture after looking at it. Nick wouldn't look at it; instead, he tore it up and threw it in the trash can.

Joe felt anger boil in his veins when he saw how crushed Nick looked. He flipped the laptop out, and sat it on the floor.

"She's full of crap, Nick. You know you're not like that. And we're your friends, but we're not jerks,"he added in for good measure.

"Yeah, she doesn't even deserve you, Nick. I'd rather you be dating no one than her,"Kevin said in a positive tone, trying to cheer Nick up. Nick smiled slightly.

"Thanks, guys."

"Sorry we didn't talk to you sooner, Nick."

"It's okay; it's partly my fault, I was avoiding you guys..."Nick looked down at the carpet.

"Well, we're always there for you, okay? No matter who you date,"Joe grinned. Nick laughed.

"Thanks guys. You're the best,"he said, hugging both of his older brothers. The best brothers in the world.