Aaron Gillespie

Aaron Gillespie EPILOGUE

Alicia knew her husband had been watching her sleep. It was something he did often. She smiled warmed by the knowledge and feeling wonderfully content because of it.

Good morning, sleepyhead, Aaron whispered.

She opened her eyes slowly. He lay on his side, his elbow propped on the pillow, his head braced on the heel of his hand. Pale morning sunlight filtered through the window blonds, allowing her to see the loving expression in his eyes.

Good morning, she murmured.

He leaned forward and kissed herone of those slow, long kisses that caused heat to race through her veins and her heart to palpitate. A kiss that held a wonderful promise of all that could follow, a promise that had been fulfilled during the night just past.

Rickys still asleep, he said when their lips parted.

She smiled again, this time a smile of knowing invitation.

Temptress.

Uh-huh.

Aaron laid the palm of his hand on her cheek, then traced a slow path down her throat, over her collarbone and finally to its resting place on her breast. The intimate touch caused another surge of heat to coil through her.

She wondered if their six-week-old infant would sleep long enough for his father to make love to his mother.

Rickys first whimpering complaint answered her silent question.

Aaron chuckled softly. Little tyrant. He kissed her again, then said, Stay here. Ill get him.

It was one of those simple things in life that Alicia took great pleasure in, watching him be the daddy he hadnt thought he wanted to be.

Clad in the shorts and T-shirt he wore for pajamas, Aaron rose and walked to the cradle. He leaned over the babys bed, speaking softly in words Alicia couldnt quite make out. In short order he changed Rickys diaper, as if hed done it a thousand times.

Cats paws made pattering sounds across the floor, announcing Rosies arrival. A moment later, she began to purr.

Not now, Rosie, Aaron said gently.

Although Alicia couldnt see what was happening, she knew the cat was winding her way around his ankles, her tail carried high as she demanded his affection. The change in the felines attitude toward aaron was just one more in a long list of small miracles that made up Alicias life these days.

Aaron lifted their son from the cradle and returned to the bed where he lay on his back, holding the baby on his chest. Ricky fussed a moment or two longer, then fell back to sleep.
Listening to:

Chiodos

Rest of the story in the results.
Guess he wasnt ready for breakfast yet, Aaron whispered. He held out his free arm. Come here and join us.

Alicia was only too happy to oblige. She slid across the mattress, drawing close against his side, her cheek resting on his shoulder.

Better sleep while you can, he suggested softly.

I know.

But she didnt close her eyes. She wanted to look at the two of them a little longer, father and son, Aaron and Ricky Gillespie, AlmostOath777 and his future MogulMonster.

Whatre you grinning about? he asked, amused suspicion in his voice.

Everything, Aaron, she whispered. Absolutely everything.