Pulled Solitude: The Legend Of Nashiz

Giving In

“But mom…” The small girl cried. “It’s me! It’s me!” She continued as the hot tears rolled down her small cheeks. “No. I want her. Give her back! You demon!” The girl’s mother yelled as she pointed to her daughter in accusation.

The loud ring blasted my thoughts. ‘Lunch…’ I grumbled in my mind as I left my desk. Within a few minutes I was already seated in my usual lunch spot. My back was nicely perched against the bark of the tree. Usually I would have some cool shade, but since it was autumn all the leaves had fallen. I picked open up my book and began to read where I had left off. I slightly shivered. ‘Why didn’t I think to bring a coat?’ I asked myself as the crisp air blew my novel’s pages.

“No lunch?” pondered a voice ahead of me. I looked up to see no other person than Aerow. ‘Why won’t he leave me alone!’ I shouted at my mind. I slammed my hardcover shut and placed it next to me. I crossed my goose bumped arms over my chest and looked up at him. “What do you want?” I sighed in annoyance. “Meow!” Aerow playfully hissed. I rolled my eyes, how childish. Aerow sat next to me and lightly punched my arm. “Lighten up!” He chuckled. I couldn’t take it anymore. I jumped up and placed my hands on my hips. “What do you want!?” I demanded. Aerow blinked at me as if he had seen a cat play a piano. “Well!?” I demanded again. “What do you mean?” Asked Aerow looking up at me. “Why are you talking to me?! Why are you even sitting next to me?” I blared angrily. Aerow scratched the back of his head as he thought. “Because I want to be your friend.” He said bluntly after a small pause. My mind froze at the word ‘friend’. My brain couldn’t process it. “I don’t have any friends and I sure as hell don’t need any!” I hissed infuriately after my brain un-froze. Aerow didn’t look shocked at all. His eyes looked into me as if he knew me. That pissed me off.

“Will you at least give me chance?” Aerow asked as he stood up. I looked away in thought. I stood in silence for a couple of minutes. ‘I’m going to regret this…’ I warned myself as I turned my gaze back to him. “Fine.” I huffed as I crossed my arms.