Boy Band

Chapter One: A Slight Understanding

Trent’s P.O.V

“Jake.” I said, through gritted teeth. “Public school? Public school?”
“What? C’mon, it won’t be that bad. Dad can’t just throw us in after tonight, can he?” Jake asked, rolling his eyes.
“Jake, don’t get down with all the attitude with me. How are we supposed to go to public school? We're TRIPLE BLAZE.”
Jake stared at me.
“And then people say you're the humble one.”
“We will not last one second at public school.” Coy muttered, getting up and pacing. “Jake, you are such an IDIOT. There is no way I am going to public school, just because you had a row with dad.”
“Brotherly love. Share it!”
“We should go.” I muttered. “The limo is outside.”

Narrator's P.O.V

The boys bustled past the crowd of adoring female fans, Jake basking in the female attention.
Trent sighed, running his fingers through his floppy black hair, letting it fall expertly back into place and his fringe over his eyes. A girl nearby almost fainted. Trent smiled dazzlingly at her, knowing that the press were taking a picture- and he was right. By tomorrow, every gossip magazine in London would have their cover story: Trent Finsbury, in black skinny jeans, a black turtle-neck and very expensive Italian shoes, making time for a fan.
Jake on the other hand, was running his hand amongst the girls', smiling and laughing every time they tried to grip onto him. One girl went as far as trying to rip off his tank top.
Jake just laughed and slowly released her grip. Unlike Trent and Coy, Jake was blonde. He had curly blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes and an amazing smile... and boy, did he know it.
Coy kept his head down, ignoring the screaming hordes of girls, yelling obscenities- well, that was would it be labelled, if their mothers were around. Whilst Trent had completely straight hair, Coy's was curly and glossy, like a constant perm every girl in the world wanted to have. Together, they were the worldwide heartthrobs of teens everywhere.
“Hey, guys.” Ashley, a friend of theirs, smiled sexily at them. It was a well known fact that Ashley was a man-eater; and she would love for the Finsbury Brothers to be served up to her on a plate. “Fancy going to the Indig-O2? Its the club inside.”
“We just came out of the O2, Ashley.” Jake laughed. “Why would we now want to go back?”
Ashley walked over to Jake, gently stroking his cheek.
“Well... because you could dance with me...”
Jake smiled slightly to one side. He pushed Ashley's hand away. Player he may be, deep down Jake was a pretty amazing guy. And he knew a red light when he saw one.
“Sorry, Ash. Tempting as that sounds... I think I'm going to pass.”
Ashley stepped back, shocked. Ashley Ramsay never got rejected. Ever. What was Jake's problem? He was always up for it!
As Trent, Jake and Coy slid into their limo and shut the door on the gobsmacked heiress, Coy turned to his brother.
“You just turned down Ashley Ramsay. Are you feeling okay?” Coy felt his brother's temperature. “Trent, feel his head. Are you high on crack? Delirious? Suffering from amnesia or brain tumour, maybe?”
Jake stared at Coy.
“Dude. Please. I am not a man-whore.” Jake paused. “Well, a man-whore who offers his services to Ashley Ramsay, anyway.”
“A man-whore is called a gigolo, actually.” Trent said thoughtfully, causing his two brothers to swerve their heads to face him. “It's even classified as a real word in computer dictionaries.”
“This family is weird.” Coy said, still staring spacily at his brother, and shaking his head slowly.

Jake lay on his bed, laptop in front of him, signing on to MSN.

Hannah: Hey Jake
Jake: Hey
Hannah: Where the fuck have you been? You haven't been on MSN in a WHILE.
Jake: Aw... did you miss me? Sorry. I had a few sleeping dates with a few ladies I just couldn't miss.
Hannah: My God.
Jake: Aww... you jealous?
Hannah: Me? Jealous? Of what?!
Jake: The girl I've been fucking ;)
Hannah: You are sick. Sick in the HEAD, you know that?
Jake: And you love it.
Hannah: Whatever.

Hannah was Jake's ex-best-friend's penpal from London. Confusing, right? Hannah was Jake's confidante, and vice-versa. When Jake's mom had died in birth to his little sister, Leann, Hannah couldnt do much... but she had stayed around. They had both known each other for a few years now, and although they had a very close relationship, the one thing that hadnt changed in all the years they'd known each other was that they constantly flirted, even after a deep and meaningful conversation.

Hannah: How's Lee?
Jake: Leann's OK. Staying with Letty.
Hannah: She will convert Leann into a cheerleader. Diminish all pom-poms in the state; only then will she be slightly safe.
Jake: Haha.
Jake: So... you do anything interesting tonight? Going by your message, you had a good night.
Hannah: Some guy I know keeps giving me back massages and telling me he loves me.
Jake: And why wouldn't he? You're hot, hot girl.
Hannah: Knowing each other after all this time, and you still call me hot girl.
Hannah: and wrong answer. You should be offering to punch his face in. If I were married to you, I'd divorce you.
Jake: You saying you want to marry me now?
Hannah: I don't do charity work.
Hannah: Besides, Jake, how stupid do you think I am?
Jake: What? I thought you were in a good mood, because of whatever happened tonight.
Hannah: Oh, yeah, I went to a Triple Blaze concert.

Jake paused.

Jake: Yeah? What is it with you and those dorks?
Hannah: You shouldnt think so little of yourself, Finsbury.

Uh-oh.

Hannah: Come on, Jacob. How long did you think you could keep it secret?
Hannah: You're in Triple Blaze, aren't you?

Jake stared at the screen for a few moments.
The thing was, before Jake and his brothers had risen to fame, he had started talking to Hannah. But, when he did shoot to fame, Hannah became a fan. Now, although Jake usually would have proudly bragged, for some reason, to Hannah he did not. At the end of the day, Hannah was kind of a reminder of his old life- even if she was portrayed as a slightly hazy old display picture and a computer screen.

Hannah: Jake?
Jake: Yeah?
Hannah: Well?
Hannah: It wasn't hard. I thought it for ages.
Jake: Then why now?
Hannah: AH-HA! So you do not deny it!
Jake: I don't accept it, either.
Hannah: Liar.
Hannah: And because I finally got your picture emailed to me today. I took it with me to the concert to show the guys, and then you burst onstage with your ass packed up in tight jeans.
Jake: I take it you like what you saw ;)
Hannah: SO YOU ADMIT YOU ARE THE SAME JAKE!!
Hannah: I expected myself to be fanatical by now, but surprisingly not.
Hannah: Why didn't you tell me?
Jake: A lot of reasons.
Jake: I guess I didn't want another so-called friend attempting to sell me out.
Hannah: Good to know you think so highly of me, Jacob.
Hannah: Ah, whatever. You rocked tonight though.
Jake: Did I see you in the audience?
Hannah: Maybe.
Hannah: According to Natz, you looked right at me.
Jake: You must be a very hot girl, then ;)
Hannah: That I am ;)
Hannah: Jake... does she know yet?
Jake: About what?
Hannah: That your now completely famous?
Jake: Yeah... she knows.
Hannah: You heard from her?
Jake: No. You?
Hannah: The usual. Not much.
Jake: Well... can you talk to her? I hear she's stressing out over exams or something.
Hannah: Yeah, sure.
Jake: Thanks.
Jake: Well, I got to go. Hotel burger awaits me.
Hannah: What hotel in London sells burgers?
Jake: The ones where I request it.
Hannah: Right.
Jake: Premier Inn
Hannah: Your kidding.
Hannah: The one RIGHT NEXT TO THE VENUE?
Jake: Yeah
Hannah: Wow.
Hannah: Well, you go.
Jake: OK.
Hannah: Wow. The one time you're in the same country as me, and you're staring down at me.
Jake: Staring down at you... I like that idea... :P
Hannah: sicko
Hannah: Go eat your burger
Jake: Haha
Hannah: Bye, Jake
Jake: Bye, Hannah
Jake: don't miss me too much

Before Hannah could reply, Jake was logged off.