The Pros and Cons of Growing Up

Update Eleven

Aiden’s POV

“Hey, Aiden.”

I looked at Asher, standing there in blue jeans and an old T-shirt, as well as a leather jacket with his college football letter on it.

“Hey.” I said softly.

He pulled me into a hug and patted my back, before pulling away. “It’s good to see you again, man.”

“Thanks.” I forced a smile and sat back down on the couch in out living room. I had been home for a few days. It was still 2 weeks until Christmas, not that I was really looking forward to it. “It’s good to see you too.”

God, had Asher always been so… so thin?

He looks fucking perfect. He’s got muscle in all of the right places, there’s not an inch of fat visible on his flawless body.

“How are you doing?”

I tore my eyes away from Asher’s body and looked him in the eyes. “How do you think I’m doing?”

“I think you’re doing pretty bad.” Asher sighed.

“You think right… I’m not even sick.”

Eric rolled his eyes and massaged his forehead, something he’d been doing a lot lately since I came home. It was beginning to annoy the shit out of me, actually.

“See? I told you. He still insists nothing is wrong with him.” Eric hissed to Asher.

“I can hear you!” I snapped.

Eric threw his arms into the air and scoffed. “I know that, Aiden. Goddamnit.”

Asher looked back and fourth between us. “If it’s better for me to come back, you know, I will…” he said, edging back towards the door.

“No. Stay.” Eric and I said together.

“Please.” I added.

Asher nodded and sat down by me on the couch. “Are you… feeling okay?”

“Great. I feel absolutely wonderful.” I said sarcastically. “I’m being locked here for no goddamn reason. I can’t even leave the house without ‘supervision.’ This has to be illegal.”

Asher and Eric exchanged looks. I knew I was making this difficult, I made everything difficult.

But they had no right to complain. Asher with his perfect body… and then there was Eric. Eric’s body was just in another league all together.

Eric had always been beautiful. His body was perfectly sculpted. He had pudge in the right places, his face was just… amazing. The way his bright gray eyes contrasted with his pale skin and his jet black hair.

Eric made me jealous. He always had, to a point. I could never get past his beauty. Not to sound horribly clichéd or boy-ish and love sick, but God really must have spent a little more time on Eric. In my eyes, and many others, Eric was perfect. He was easily the sexiest person in any room, out of men and women.

I pushed the thoughts from my head and looked at Eric. “I need a hug.”

He came over, sat on my lap, and wrapped his arms around me. “I love you so much.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you too.” I wrapped my arms around him, rocking him gently. “Why don’t we all go see a movie?” I suddenly asked.

Eric got off of my lap. “Yeah, sure.”

I really didn’t want to go to a movie, I was just sick of this house. I had been in it since I got back to Canada. I was sick of this fucking house and would do almost anything to get out of it.

We all stood up and within an hour, we were in line at a theater waiting for some teenager to check our tickets. My stomach was killing me and I took a large sip of the Dr. Pepper I’d gotten. Eric’s hand slipped into mine and our fingers laced together. The kid finally checked our tickets and after sneering in disgust at Eric and I (I winked and kissed Eric’s cheek), showed us in the direction of Theater 7 where we would be seeing a special edition of Fight Club.

We walked into the dark theater, Eric sitting in the middle of Asher and I. The movie came on and I rested my head on Eric’s shoulder, grasping his hand again. He squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek.

Half way into the movie my stomach began to hurt again. Badly.

I stood up.

“Aiden?” Eric called after me. “I’ll be back.” He whispered, and then rushed after me.

I headed into the bathroom and into one of the stalls, shutting the door but not locking it. Eric pushed it open, coming in as well.

“I feel sick.” I moaned. “I’m going to puke.”

He sat down on the floor with me and I leaned my head against the stall wall, feeling terrible.

“Aiden… here, let’s go home so you can rest.” Eric said, lifting me up. “I’ll call Asher’s cell phone.”

I nodded and leaned against the stall. Eric was on the phone with Asher, explaining, when I began to throw up. I dodged for the toilet, getting it all over the bowl and floor. It smelled awful, worse than any vomit I’d ever had the not pleasure of smelling before. The smell was enough to make me puke even more, along with dry gagging after my stomach was emptied of what little food was in it.

“Shit, yeah… we’ll see you at the car… okay.” Eric said, and then came back into the stall. “Oh, Aiden…” he rubbed my back gently. “It’s okay.”

I wiped my mouth, looking into his gray eyes.

“It’s okay, alright? You’re okay.”

I nodded and he helped me stand. We made our way out to the car and Asher glanced at me worriedly, but looked away quickly.

Eric muttered a hello and got me into the back seat. “Just close your eyes and you’ll be fine. When we get home I’m going to make you some soup and you’ll feel better. Okay?”

I was in too much pain to argue, so I nodded and closed my eyes, drifting into an uncomfortable sleep.