The Pros and Cons of Growing Up

Part Fifteen

Aiden’s POV

Christmas was over, New Years was over, and the holidays were over. While Dad told me they wouldn’t be going back on tour, Eric would be going back to school in four days and I would be forced to face the reality that I was sick.

I was sick. It was becoming more obvious every day.

Now I would stare at people, envying them and hating them because they were skinnier than me. I looked at Eric, wondering how he didn’t find me repulsive.

Maybe he did… he just didn’t want to hurt my feelings, so he was staying with me.

I knew deep down I was being absolutely ridiculous, but I couldn’t help feeling this way. I couldn’t wait for this to go away, for me to live normally. It didn’t feel like that would ever happen though.

Eric came into the room and smiled at me, sitting next to me on the couch. “Hey.”

“Morning.” I said, forcing a smile.

“Whatcha watching?” he laid his head on my shoulder, snuggling to me.

“Nothing.” I sighed and snuggled to him, pulling the blanket that was already on the couch over us. Eric’s hand rested on my stomach and he stroked my stomach gently with his soft fingers. I felt myself relaxing and allowed myself to watch TV. Scooby Doo was on. Eric would quietly giggle every few minutes, his nose scrunching up and making him look like an adorable child.

“Do you think Fred’s gay?” I asked Eric, looking at him.

“Hmm…. I dunno. He seems to like Daphne.”

“Look at his shirt though.” I protested. “And his hair.”

Eric cocked his head to a side and I did as well, squinting at the screen.

“I dunno, Aiden.” Eric finally said. “But I still think Patrick is gay.”

“Psht.”