The Pros and Cons of Growing Up

Part Seven

Several Weeks Later…
Eric’s POV

“Aiden, oh god!” I threw my arms around my husband and buried my head in his neck. “Oh god I’ve missed you.”

I felt his arms go around me, his hand resting on the small of my back, and he gently hugged me back. We stood, in the middle of the Canadian airport, embracing each other. I squeezed him closer to me, noticing he’d lost weight.

“You’re so thin.” I said quietly, pulling away from him and looking him up and down. Now only was his waist and stomach thinner. But his face was too. Not too much, but it was definitely noticeable. “You lost weight.”

“I know. It’s okay, though. I’m fine.” He assured me, smiling. “I’m perfectly healthy.

I nodded and hugged him again, taking in his scent. “I love you, Aiden… I can’t believe you’re finally here.”

“I love you too.” He kissed me gently, closing his eyes.

I kissed back, sliding my tongue into his mouth. His tongue pressed against mine and they began to—funnily enough—dance together.

We continued to make out for about another minute before pulling apart. No one was staring at us, luckily, or I would have been embarrassed. I grabbed his bag, took his hand, and led him out towards the car, talking excitedly.

“We’re gonna stop and eat, okay? Your parents won’t be back until Tuesday morning and I haven’t exactly gone to the store yet.” I explained bashfully and quickly, still excited to see him. I’d been looking forward to this for weeks.

“Okay.” He said, giving me what looked like a forced smile.

I led him to the car and opened his door, wondering why he didn’t seem as happy to see me. Was I too excited?

No. I hadn’t seen him in like four months. I wasn’t too excited.

When I pulled out of the airport, we remained silent. I felt angry tears fill my eyes and tried to focus on my d riving. His soft hand slipped into mine and he kissed my fingers.

“I missed you.” I sniffed, confused. All of the signals he was sending me didn’t make sense at all.

“I missed you too.” He smiled and turned in his seat to face me. “I like the dark hair.”

“Thanks.” I smiled back.

“Sorry I seem so… weird. I’m just tired and I feel kinda sick…” he explained, stroking the palm of my hand.

“Well we’ll get food to go and lay down.”

A look on his face when I mentioned food sent off those alarms in my head again.

But… but he couldn’t be. He told me he wasn’t sick like that.

I put both hands on the steering wheel and we fell into the awkward silence again.

I didn’t like the vibes I was getting from him. Something was wrong.

I glanced at Aiden, who was staring out the car window as I drove.

I just hoped it wasn’t what I thought it might be… But it couldn’t be. He wasn’t…. No. He was fine. He was fine, fine, fine….

Aiden’s POV

Feeling Eric’s arms wrap around me made it all seem okay. I closed my eyes and pretended I’d never left him. Pretended that I lived here and didn’t have to leave in a week.

I curled into him, hungrily pressing my lips against is.

“I love you.” He breathed out, and then pressed his lips back to mine. His hands tugged at my shirt and he pulled away again, just long enough to pull the shirt off over my head. I began unbuttoning his collar shirt while kissing him. He shrugged it off and lay next to me.

“Do you still feel sick?” he whispered.

“I’m never too sick for you.” I grinned, pulling him onto me.

His hands went down to my belt and he undid it, and then slid my pants down. I undid his pants as well and soon we were lying, naked, on the bed together and re-exploring the bodies we’d missed and knew so well….

Eric’s POV

The next morning the house was silent when I woke up, bar Aiden’s breathing next to mine. It was wonderful, waking up again to his arms wrapping around me.

“Good morning beautiful.” He whispered, one hand going to my face.

“Morning, sexy.” I grinned, pulling him on top of me.

“What am I going to do all day when you’re in school?” Aiden pouted.

“I’ll take off.” I said. I had planned to anyway. Missing a few classes wouldn’t hurt my grades too terribly and I never saw Aiden.

“No, you can’t.” Aiden gasped.

“I can.” I laughed and pressed my lips to his momentarily before pulling away. “It’s fine.”

“No, no, no. You aren’t missing classes because you’ll have final exams in what, 3 weeks? No, Eric.” Aiden said, shaking his head.

I sighed and pressed my nose up against his. “But I missed you so much, baby. I just want to be with you until you leave…”

“Honey, don’t let your grades fall because of me.” He sighed and brushed hair from my face. “I can hang out with Brooke, she only has night classes tonight.”

“Can you believe she’s pregnant already? I mean, no wonder she’s been so cranky.” I rambled. “I mean, Aiden, the night before last she went off on Asher for dropping his shoe. His shoe. The woman’s gone crazy.” I shook my head.

Aiden shut me up by kissing me long and hard, sliding his tongue into my mouth. I was straddling him, hands stroking his sides, when the door opened.

Aiden wrapped the blankets tighter around us, sitting up. “What the fuck—?”

“Eric— oh, hello.” James stood at the door, grinning. “I was just… you must be Aiden…”

“Hi…” Aiden said slowly.

“James, can you give us a minute?” I asked, blushing.

“Sure, man.” James stepped out of the room and descended down the hallway.

Aiden glanced at me. “That’s the guy you got drunk with?”

“Well yeah. He’s cool, honey. Be nice.” I stood, pulling on a pair of boxers. I then pulled on my Nirvana t-shirt and some blue jeans, then headed downstairs to greet James.

“Your husband would be a hot chick.” James said. “No wonder you’re gay if you get to fuck that.”

“Actually he fucks me, technically, but yes I see what you’re saying.”

James cringed. “That was a little too much information, Eric-poo.” He said as Aiden came down in jeans and a button up black shirt.

“Hey.” Aiden said, coming up to James and shaking his hand. His dark hair was ruffled and going in each and every direction and his blue eyes were sparkling. Aiden was always good at meeting new people, I was never nervous introducing Aiden to people for that very reason, though I was always terrified when Aiden introduced me to anyone.

“Yo.” James grinned. “I’m James.”

“Aiden.” Aiden smiled back.

“Uhm, well… I guess if I’m going to class I have to go.” I told Aiden, throwing my stuff into my bag and pressing my lips to his. “Bye, baby. I’ll be home later.” I whispered, then kissed his cheek.

“Okay. I’ll probably be here still. Bye, honey.” He kissed me back and walked James and I out to the car. James was giving me a ride today, though I couldn’t for the life of me remember why.

Then James and I were in the car, waving at Aiden, and then we were gone…