Special

Day 5

I didn’t think Mikey was that kind of person. His small frame didn’t make much of an impression as someone that would do bad. Little by little, I was starting to put the pieces together. I didn’t need them to find out about everything, I could do it on my own.

But of course, that’s sorely wrong. It was weird finding out from their mother. She was about to break out in tears that time – and she did. I bet you’re wondering why she did this, maybe you’re not. Or maybe you’re wondering what exactly was Mikey’s little “trick” that he’s never shown to anybody else but me before, and I doubt that he’ll ever do it again.

What he did was nothing great, just something that caused harm to another. You wouldn’t think that Gerard was the type of person to hate noise. His voice was always loud and if he talked right in your ear . . . it would hurt.

But if you shouted right in his, you might want to take cover. How could something so peaceful be so angry and wild? A few simple vibrations, a few simple, loud vibrations. Mikey set up his amp beside his bed, where Gerard was sleeping and he turned the knob until it couldn’t be turned. Mikey told me to grab his radio and to put it on the other side of his head. I did, and I turned the volume up too.

He was a heavy sleeper; maybe he was disturbed once or twice but answered with no more than a few grunts. Heh. Once Mikey flicked the top string and turned on his radio, I almost flinched, but Mikey didn’t. Maybe he was used to it. Gerard’s eyes snapped open, his once even breath hitched up. A sign of anxiety, but Mikey kept going. The older twitched and twitched, and I laughed.

It was heartless, now that I think back at it. I sounded like a maniac. But I swear it was funny at the time. He was awake already, his hands clinging at his ears. He screamed, and Mikey looked back at me with a grin. Gerard was in his bed, fidgeting and twitching.

I couldn’t remember much about what happened. Amusement was too busy dancing in my eyes before I realized that it wasn’t really a good idea. Mikey laughed, “Dude, get out of here before my mom sees us.”

Too late, unfortunately. Gerard was already standing up, slightly crouched, hands still placed over his ears. He walked to Mikey with struggle, and he shook. “Mikey, keep it down!” his mother bellowed from upstairs. By then, Mikey’s bass was already taken out of his hands and thrown to the floor.

He was pushed to the wall making the shelves on the wall shake. I knew then that I had to get out. So I did, I ran up and I was met with Donna Way. “What’s going on?” she asked.

“I have no idea,” I said. I didn’t know why, I still don’t. Anything to keep her confidence in me. “I came down to check it out.” And with a worried face she left me. Alone in the living room, the lights were low. Loud noise still coming out from the basement and I cringed.

And a shrill scream came, “Get your hands off of my son!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucks, raise your hand if you agree.
Boy am I an a bad mood.

I tried that once...
Ended up with a bruise on my cheek. :\
Not very pretty.

Oh well.
It'll get better, maybe.
Comments are appreciated, greatly.
They make me feel all better.