Status: Finished.

Black Wings

The apocalypse.

Her eyes rose to the pitch black sky, which never looked so terrifying. It called for blood and revenge and yet she didn't want to run away like the others did. Disaster was coming and no one could stop it, yet he was up there, helplessly fighting his fate, his worst enemy. It seemed like the battle began ages ago and she couldn't do anything, but stay there and stare with her eyes clouded with tears of sadness and fear. Her heart was never beating so fast and it threatened her to burst any minute now.

The cold droplets of rain hit her face and soon it was raining hard, soaking her black dress that was moving with the blowing wind, which was hissing dangerously. The streets were vacant and the cliff she stood on, seemed to float along with the waves that were crashing against it. She could almost taste the salt on her soft lips. The earth seemed to suffer and the every other earthquake seemed to be much more powerful than the other. Where they all going to die?

She came closer to the edge of the cliff, staring helplessly at the fighting up in the sky man. They both had wings, one of them white, the other one black. The hate radiated from them and affected the world around them. Painful screams and swears were carried with the wind and sounded in the distance. The battle seemed to never end and yet the green eyed girl wished for her lover to survive no matter what. She didn't want to leave him even tough he wanted her to go away, to save herself. He didn't love her after all, but still he cared for the others, no matter how much he tried to hide it under his cockiness, that seemed to be much worse than his attitude. She longed to be again in his arms and hear the heartbeat, sea the dark eyes that always seemed to watch her carefully. Her dark blue dress was soaking wet, as well as her light brown hair, which were falling now in her eyes, embracing her like a snake, up from the very top of her head to her waist.

The thunder cut through the sky and brightened the silhouettes of the angels, which hit each other with such a force that threw them back, away from each other. Another earthquake, another thunder touching the ground and still the same never ending battle.
Was it the end of the world? she thought. Is this what they all were involved into? Was their fate leading them all this way to end up here, under the dark sky and earth that was being ripped to shreds?
She could see now a red substance dripping down her lovers arm. Their feathers were everywhere, both black and white. Her eyes never left his form and her heart was bursting into pieces as she didn't know how could she help him. She was only a burden to him. Even now she felt there's no such thing that could make her look better in his eyes, but still she wanted to do anything to somehow get him out of this deathly situation. She could almost see the triumph written all over the white angels face as he stabbed the dark one with the golden sword. She could hear his scream of agony and yet he didn't give up on fight, no matter what the pain was. She could only watch with her eyes getting foggy with the falling tears and hands folding in a prayer.

The next thing she felt was a violet shook of the earth under her feet and then she was on the ground. Her mind became dizzy as an effect of the hit and her eyes were slowly shutting, never living his silhouette fighting in the sky. As much as she didn't want to lose her conscious, she couldn't help it. She was weak. A human being. A weak, worthless girl that always got in the way and she was the reason, why all this happened. The reason why everyone now had to die. Was it her fate after all?

He fought his enemy with an effort. He wasn't going to lose to him. Never. His dark, magical feather flew towards his enemy and connected with the white one, bursting immediately as they touched and sent the two again in the different directions. His back connected with a sculpture that was near the cliff. Groaning, he slowly got to his feet, with his arm propped on the sculpture that seemed to turn into dust, if the wind blew any harder. His dark hair, longer in the front and shorter on the back of his head, were falling into his face along with cold rain that blurred his vision just a little bit. He felt the shook of the earth and he raised his eyes into the sky in search of his enemy. He was no where to be seen. Instead he noticed someone that shouldn't even be there by now. His eyes narrowed and he felt anger rising in him. He didn't need to worry about her now. He steadied himself on the sculpture, staring angrily at the lifeless body of the girl and as soon as he felt the anger flood his mind and veins, it vanished, replacing with worry and the need of getting her out of there, taking her to some safe place no matter what. He took off, with his strong, black wings cutting the wind that was blowing, trying to stop him. He needed to get her fast. Get her out of there. He saw the earth falling down into the ocean and it was a matter of seconds until she was going to fall too. He'd never let her fall, no matter what.

He flew towards her faster and as the ground collapsed he felt like he was flying in a slow motion and would never catch her, but he had no other choice. He wouldn't forgive himself. Ignoring the pain coming from his deep wounds, he flew faster and before the waves could swallow her, he captured her in his arms. Without hesitation, he flew into the dark sky, holding onto her tightly, like she was going to slip from his arms any time soon. A warm smile crept onto his face as her eyes fluttered open and fell onto his face, with a smile growing on her pale face, he knew that she'd be alright. She wrapped her hands around his neck and blushed as his eyes seemed to penetrate her soul.
"Told you to get out, before it gets nasty, princess." he spoke to her with this soft voice of his. Always so soft, always with some kind of emotion in it, weather it was his cockiness, confidence or simple anger. That made her always shiver. He never stopped to call her princess. She ripped her eyes away from his and spotted the wounds all over his arms and looked at his pale face once again. He stared emotionless in the distance. She knew he was going to leave her soon again. He landed on the ground and placed her carefully on her feet. He crossed his arms and smirked at her as she was sadly looking at him, begging him with her gaze not to leave her again. He wasn't going to give in her pleading. The green grass and trees around them seemed to watch everything silently, pleading for the wind to stop blowing and hurting them.

"You know what?" he said, looking up the sky. It looked like someone spilled black paint all over it. "I've never met someone as stubborn as you."
"No. You can't leave me like that." she whispered, reaching to catch his arm, but he stepped back and smiled at her. "Please."
He shook his head and laughed as he saw tears rolling down her pretty face. However, his eyes didn't laugh with him, they stayed still on her face, remembering every detail of her face. After all he finally grew to love her. He never imagined he'd love someone else, but this happened. Why? When?
He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw, remembering he's got something important to do or even she wouldn't live in this world. The powers they unleashed... it had to come to an end finally.
"So that's way you ran away, huh?" a voice filled with fake pity and venom was heard from behind him and he turned around hastily, not even paying attention to the girl that stared at the white angel with fear in her eyes and her heart beating terribly fast. "Is she that
much important? Is she worth it, you coward?"
"Hide behind me." he said, not taking his eyes off of his enemy's. She obeyed his command and stared in fear at the white angel with tears threatening to fall down her face again. She could sense the tension in the air along with the anger radiating from the both man. It was not over yet.
The impact with which they flew into the sky caused the leaves from the trees to swirl in the air and she fell to the ground. Once again she looked into the sky watching the battle getting more and more serious by the minute. She could only pray that everything went good, but is it fair to pray for the other to die?
She closed her eyes tightly, sitting up on the grass and holding onto it tightly as the wind blew even harder, making her hair fly all over the place, smaller tress and bushes look like they'd collapse any second. She clenched her teeth and stood up, stumbling backwards a little. She couldn't be more surprised by what she saw next... Her heart stopped beating at that moment.

Her lover stood in front of her. An evil laughter up from the skies filling the whole area, almost suffocating it. She was speechless and frozen to the ground, staring wide eyed at his black wings, shaking a little. A cough was heard and as she looked down, blood was dripping on the wet, green grass. He looked over his shoulder at her and smiled, after what he collapsed to the ground. She screamed and fell down to her knees, turning him over, to see his face. He chuckled slightly, coughing instantly.
"You really are a burden." he mumbled and closed his eyes, yet his chest was still moving with an effort. He had to be in a huge pain and she was to blame. After all what she didn't see was a flashing, white feather coming her way. She didn't see her lover flying down, cursing, shielding her with his own body from a certain death. He shouldn't have done that. Her tears fell freely onto him and she didn't care anymore about anything else. He was bleeding furiously from his chest and it was only a matter of minutes until he was gone. Behind her, their enemy landed softly on the ground and walked closer, with a triumphant smile on his face. He grabbed her arm and gazed at her, with his eyes blazing with hate and venom.
"Now, that he's dead, I might kill you." she tried struggling free, but that was no use. Instead she spotted his sword attached to his belt and she felt like getting her revenge on him, for killing the only person she ever loved and cared so much for. In one quick motion she captured the sword and in another second it went straight through his chest, his blood spilling all over the place, hitting her face. He pushed her away, screaming in pain, tough he pulled out the weapon and pointed it at her.
"It wasn't smart, bitch." he growled, but never managed to even touch her as his body limply connected with the ground, with a shock written all over his face. She stared at his body for a minute, clutching her arm that he held onto so tight. He faded into darkness, leaving only a glowing, black feather on the ground that was stuck in his chest seconds earlier.
She felt a warm hand on hers and came to her senses. She crawled closer to her lover, with fear and worry in her eyes.

He was in pain, even he acted tough. He already knew his fate. She knew it also, but she didn't want to believe this, she still hoped he'd get better somehow.
"You..sure changed, princess." he smiled at her. "Maybe I...underestimated you. After all..."
she squeezed his hand, gazing into his laughing eyes.
"After all it was supposed to be...like this. It's over. It's for the better, you know."
"Please, don't say things like that!" she exclaimed crying even harder. "Stay with me, please. I won't ever get in your way... ever again. Please.. Just don't leave like this."
"You're funny." he smiled. She wiped the blood from the corner of his lips and smiled sadly at him. His gaze was so soft and sad. She'd never seen him like this.
"I wish I could do something..." she closed her eyes tightly, letting go of another tears. He gripped her hand and she looked at him, wiping her tears.
"You can't run away from your fate, huh?" she shrugged and just watched him. "I guess I... was wrong about not loving someone else. Guess you're lucky."
Her eyes went wide and when his words sunk in, she smiled gratefully and bent to hug him, but instead he held her arms firmly and kissed her gently, pulling away all too soon for her.
"I... I'll be always somewhere near."
"No, please." she whispered, trying to hold back another tears from falling.
"You've got whole life to live." he grinned. "Don't waste it, okay?"
She nodded her head, her lip trembling. He was weaker and weaker with every passing minute and she was helpless. Again she couldn't do anything for him and that hurt her the most. She was nothing, but a weak girl. She couldn't do anything to ease his pain. She could do nothing to save him.
"R-remember you're not alone." she said quietly. He smiled and a single tear trickled down his pale face. "I love you. I always will."
"If you believe in this... there's always a chance that we'll meet again. I believe in this."
"I-I believe too." she said and let her tears fall as his eyes slowly closed and his hand went limp in hers. He was vanishing. He was turning into a tiny, shiny lights, disappearing around her. It stopped raining and the sky above was clearing, it was getting warmer and the wind was casing blowing. She burst into tears, lying down in the spot he was lying seconds ago, in the pole of red blood that was covering the ground now. There was only one thing left of him. Only one thing that could remind her of him, besides the memories.
There was lying a single black feather, which meant to her more than her own life. It was a piece of himself, her love. Looking up at the blue sky and clutching this single, black feather in her palm, she smiled softly, with small tears trickling down her face.
"I believe. Just wait for me..." she closed her eyes and put the feather over her heart. "I'll always love you. Forever."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope it wasn't as bad as I think it is. I wrote it 2 weeks ago. Let's figure out what anime inspired me to write it? ^. - Anyway... comments are welcome. xD Thanks for reading.