Status: This story is finished. :D

Unbound

Can't Be Saved

Five minutes later Gerard was now standing outside of Charlie’s hotel room door, just staring at the small golden numbers fastened to it. He had strode out of his hotel room confidently but now stood rooted to the spot. Finally, he raised his hand to knock on the door but thought better of it and put it back down at his side. What was he supposed to say?

“I am an idiot.” He muttered before raising his fist once again, and then knocked.

He waited a minute and was about to turn around and go back into his hotel room when the door opened.

“Yes?” Lisa asked, putting her hands on her hips.

“Oh…um hi…you…you must be Charlie’s mom.” Gerard said awkwardly.

“Yes, I am her mother.” She snapped. “Who are you?”

“Sorry, um my name’s Gerard. Is…is Charlie here?”

“Why?” She asked, narrowing hr eyes at him suspiciously.

“I really need to talk to her.”

“Well I’m afraid that’s not possible Jared.” Lisa said, faking a sympathetic smile.

“It’s Gerard, and why not?”

“Charlotte needs to focus today if she’s going to have any prayer of winning today. So that means no distractions, including you.” Lisa said as she started to close the door. “Good day to you Ger-”

“Wait!” Gerard exclaimed, moving his hand out to hold the door open. “Please I just need to talk to her.”

“I’m very sorry Gerard but the answer is no.” She said coldly. “Now please leave.”

“I know what you’re doing to her!” He shouted before Lisa could slam the door in his face.

Lisa paused for a moment before reopening the door.

“And what’s that?” She spat.

“You’re destroying her.” He said quietly.

“Destroying her?” She asked laughing maliciously. “My dear boy I am making her better.”

“But she’ll never be better!” He shouted. “Don’t you get it? Your idea of ‘better’ is literally killing her!”

“I think I know very well of my daughter’s limits young man. And trust me, I’ve just barely tapped them.” She said. “Now if you would be so kind as to-”

“NO!” Gerard shouted angrily. “Charlie! Charlie if you’re in there please listen to me!” He shouted over Lisa’s shoulder.

“Yell all you want, she can’t here you.” Lisa said smirking. “She’s not even in there.”

“Where is she?!” Gerard demanded.

“I’m not telling you.” She said. “I’ve already told you, she needs to focus. And she can’t do that with you around. Stay away from my daughter. I mean it. If I so much as see you as a hundred yards from her I’ll have security throw you out of this hotel so fast it’ll make your head spin.” She spat threateningly. “Good day to you Gerard.”

Without waiting for him to say anything she stood back and slammed the door in his face.