Status: This story is finished. :D

Unbound

Holiday

“One more show and we are done baby!” Frank exclaimed happily as he jumped up and down on the hotel bag while Mikey was packing his suitcase.

“Frank?” Mikey whined. “You mind?”

“Oh, sorry Mikes.” Frank said as he stopped jumping and sat down on the bed beside Mikey’s open suitcase. “I’m just excited to finally be going home!”

“We’re not going home just yet.” Gerard said, waking into the hotel room. “We’ve still got one more show to do, remember?”

“Yeah I know,” Frank sighed. “But we’re going to Vegas!”

“Speaking of which, are you packed yet?” Gerard asked, looking around the room.

“Almost.” Mikey said through gritted teeth as he laid across his suitcase, holding it shut. “Close dammit!”

“Dudes come on, we’re gonna miss our flight.” Ray said walking into the room with his bag over his shoulder.

“We’re flying?” Frank asked excitedly, picking up his own bag from the floor.

“Duh.” Mikey said rolling his eyes as he stood up straight. “How else do you expect us to get from here to Vegas by tomorrow?”

“WOO! We’re flying!” Frank shouted as he dashed past Ray out the door with is bag.

“Ugh, joy.” Gerard groaned, following him out with Ray and Mikey.

“Shotgun!” Frank yelled after tossing his bag in the rental van downstairs a few minutes later.

“Too late.” Gerard said before climbing in the passenger’s seat beside Bob.

“Argh, fine.” Frank said, climbing in the backseat in between Mikey and Ray. “But I get the window seat on the airplane.”

“Deal.” Gerard yawned, putting his sunglasses on and shutting his eyes to try to get some sleep on the way to JFK airport.

“Gerard? Dude wake up.” Ray said shaking him awake a while late in the drop off area of the airport.

“Huh? What?” Gerard asked groggily.

“C’mon we’re here.” Ray said, pulling his luggage from the trunk of the van.

“Flight 814, JFK to LAX is now boarding.” The loud speaker announced as they walked through the automatic doors of the airport.

“Baggage check first then?” Mikey asked.

They agreed and walked over to where there was a small line already formed to go through the metal detectors.

“I’m not wearing it.” Charlie said throwing a disgusted look at the tiara her mother was holding out to her.

“You are Miss New York , now put the damn crown on.” Lisa hissed furiously as they walked through the sliding doors of JFK airport with their luggage.

“No! We’re in an airport.” Charlie said as they walked to the baggage check. “I’m not wearing it.”

“Please remove all cell phones, jewelry, pocket knives, and any other metal objects from your person before walking through the detector.” The security guard said lazily, holding out a plastic container.

Charlie went first through the metal detector after putting her cell phone and iPOD into the bin.

“Ma’am you can’t bring liquids on the plane with you.” A second guard said as he extracted a bottle form Lisa’s purse while searching it.

“But it’s hand lotion.” Lisa protested while being ushered through the metal detector.

“Mom come on, let’s just go.” Charlie said tiredly as Lisa continued to argue with the guard.

“What do you think I’m gonna do?” Lisa asked. “Make a bomb out of my lotion and lipstick?”

“Mom just let it go.” Charlie pleaded as the line was starting to build behind them. “Please.”

“What’s going on up there?” Mikey asked, pointing at a middle-aged woman currently arguing with a security guard.

“I dunno.” Ray yawned.

“Hey can we move it along here?” Gerard called over a few people to the arguing woman.

“Seriously.” Lisa spat, throwing the bottle of lotion in the trash bin to her right. “This is the last time we’re flying JFK.”

“Please God.” The security guard thought to himself.

“Whatever mom.” Charlie said, pulling the hood of her jacket over her head, desperately wishing to be anywhere else than in a crowded airport with her mother.

“Excuse me?” Lisa asked following her. “What kind of tone is that? And take off that hood right now. You’ll ruin your hair.”

Charlie ignored her, rolling her eyes as she walked to the terminal with her hands in her pockets.

“Charlotte I am talking to you.” Lisa said following her to the gate.

“Fine mother!” Charlie said as she ripped her hood off her hair that was flat-ironed to perfection. Yet again, under her mother’s order. “Are you happy now?”

“Very.” Lisa replied curtly as she handed the flight attendant her boarding pass and walked onto the plane.

Charlie gave the flight attendant an apologetic look before following her onto the plane.

“Ladies and gentlemen please take your seats and fasten your seatbelts, a voice said over the loud speaker.

“In.” Lisa said motioning Charlie to the seat by the window.

Charlie sighed reluctantly and sat down in the cramped seat by the small window as Lisa grumbled audibly about the size and condition of the seats. She fastened her seatbelt and pulled her iPOD from her pocket hoping some music would somehow help with her flight nerves. The floor of the plane began to vibrate gently as the engine hummed and Charlie winced as the unpleasant feeling in the pit of her stomach took over her system. Her hands clasped armrests tightly and her grip gradually loosened as the plane leveled.

“Best get some sleep.” Lisa said patting her shoulder. “You’re hitting the gym first thing when we get there.

Charlie turned in her seat as the gentle motion of the plane and her now faint hunger pangs finally lulled her to sleep.