Flatspace I: Untitled

Intro

The cold tiled floor looked like a chessboard. It actually looked like it was meant to be a huge human chessboard. The walls were tiled the same way half-way up, then cream paint climbed to the ceiling. The paint was blotted, though, as though there had been a lot of things splashed on it. Miles sighed and walked over to the arch and disabled the program. The room de-materialised in front of him and was replaced with his office.
His office was an oval. A desk in the corner, or what you could call a corner, his laptop sitting on-top of that. A soft, leather chair sat behind the desk. A metal filing cabinet sitting on the other side of his desk.
He grumbled and wandered over to his desk and switched on his computer. He needed to write a new program for the holo-simulators that the company had started to mass produce around twenty-one-twenty-three.
An FPS game would be good. He thought about some of the old computer games he had played, bit of nostalgia: things like Quake III and Unreal Tournament 2007. He loved those old games. He was more fond of a flight simulator though, the idea of flying a craft when he wasn’t actually flying it was a great idea. It would be a good idea as a training simulation. He decided to call it a night and aborted the rendering procedure on the computer, logged-off and walked out of his office grabbing his jacket en-route.