Flatspace I: Untitled

Markus "Mark" Sheeky

He had to make a pit-stop. Miles needed new Iko C Missiles and this station was the only one that stocked them within the range of his home and office. He docked with the huge Police-Station and glanced at the most-wanted list on his way past, something caught his eye. Public Enemy #1: Marcus “Mark” Sheeky. Miles stopped instantly and stared in extreme awe at the board. Mark Sheeky, boy, the guy that had desperately tried to murder him to steal his cargo back when he was a trader. Now, most wanted. Miles decided to get moving and buy those missiles, get them fitted and get home, but, he just had to look at the bounty and last known location.
Marcus “Mark” Sheeky,
Live Bounty: 0Cr
Dead Bounty: 1,570,800Cr
EXTREMELY DANGEROUS
TERMINATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.
None of that was surprising, the last entry caught his eye though.
Last Known Location: [5, 13] aboard the MXL-256 Dawn Thunder (Battle-Station)
Five-Thirteen, Miles lived there! Those Battle-Stations, equipped with some decent equipment, could obliterate a Habitation Block in under ten minutes.
Miles knew where Mark was going. To get him. Now, Miles would happily take him on if it weren’t for one thing. Battle-Stations were easily a hundred times bigger than a Gladius MkII, bigger shields, bigger weapons, and fighters. Swarms of fighters could make scrap-metal of any small craft in seconds. Miles ran to the base Machine Shop.
The Cashier thought Miles was after his usual and went behind the counter to retrieve the fresh shipment of Iko C’s. Miles ran in and stopped and said something that really puzzled the Cashier. Miles didn’t want two Iko C Missiles, he wanted a huge E-3 Stun Torpedo and a Felimar NM1 Nuke. Nobody had asked for an NM1 for years, especially not Miles. After the transaction was complete Miles got the technicians to fit the missiles to the pylons on his craft, he also bought a new gun. A P9 Minigun, rare, and sold by special licence only. Miles removed his trusty M2 Machine Gun and replaced it with the P9. Sold all his unused M2 Ammo and bought Minigun ammo instead. He was ready to take on the Battle-Station. He would have bought a bigger craft, but he loved his Gladius too much. The AMD-512 Kitsunetsuki, or, as it translated, “Possessed by a Fox”. He loved it. He left the station and tested out his new Minigun on the asteroids. He fell in love instantly. The Carbide-Tipped bullets stunned him, so much power in such a little space, the great thing was, though, the P9 held more ammo than the M2 Machine Gun.
He HyperJumped to sector five-thirteen and spotted it instantly. The Dawn Thunder. Miles pulled out his radio then stopped, maybe a sneak attack would be a better idea. Or just disable him with the E-3, only catch with using the E-3 now was that if he had an EMP, the missile was useless. With a press of a button, Sheeky, could destroy it with a subspace electromagnetic-shockwave. Miles had a Xox Reprogrammer on the other hand, useless against unguided missiles, but great against “smart” missiles. It could reprogram them and send them back at their previous launcher effectively increasing the number of “Missiles” he was carrying. That, of course, really depended on how many missiles the enemy decided to send his way.