Flatspace I: Untitled

Nuked

Miles was jarred out of his thoughts by the alarm again, Sheeky’s last Iko C on his tail. Miles reprogrammed it and just expected Sheeky to fire his EMP, but no flash came. There was a sickening crack as the missile slammed into the side of the Battle-Station, a hit, the shields were down and his Core-Generator was out of power. He armed the E-3 Stun Torpedo and swung the Gladius round, he fired it and it cracked into the side of the Battle-Station. Blue sparks covered the surface of the Battle-Station. It was disabled.
“Game Over, Mark” Miles chuckled as he armed and fired the NM1 Nuke.
Click.
…as he armed and fired the NM1 Nuke.
Click.
It was jammed, pylon failure. Those fighters did more damage that Miles primarily anticipated. The Nuke was armed and had not fired. Miles looked up from the missile control and saw the front end of the Battle-Station, the dangerous end, peering at him a few feet in front of Miles’ Gladius. The sparks stopped, the repair-bots aboard the Dawn Thunder had repaired it. There was a flash from the gun and a single Annihilator bolt flew towards Miles. With no time for Miles to react it clipped the pylon with the Nuke on it.
There was a bang, a flash of light, then nothing.