Broken Minds and Twisted Hearts

It All Starts Some Where

Her animal like reactions and instinct were something entirely new to me; surprising as it was that I would never seen something like this being immortal.

Being locked in the room caused her to pace around the room on her all fours. This was the result of being part wolf demon. Her fingers shortened to resemble paws more than hands. Her legs and arms also strange for a human, to compensate for her habit of dropping to all fours in times of stress. The sandy gray ears flattened to the sides of her head. The matching tail tucked securely between her legs, showing her fear of the situation.

She knew she couldn't escape and that did not go well with the fact she had lived a solitary life in the wilderness. I walked to the door wondering if it was safe to enter yet. When she had awoken she had thrown a tantrum ripping anything she could get her hands on apart. Now she seemed much calmer and in control.

I decided to risk it. I quickly entered the room shutting the door behind me to keep her from exiting the room. Her ears perked for a second before flattening again. This time her tail was pointed out directly, a small growl rolling from her throat. Then I noticed what was making her so uncomfortable; where she had stopped left her cornered. I slowly backed up letting her move. As I did I raised my hands to show her I meant her no harm. Yet.

She slowly relaxed still fully alert. She raised herself back onto two feet. I waited till I was sure she trusted me somewhat before I stepped forward slowly as if not to frighten her. She tensed but did noting else. It came to me that after living away from almost no human contact for years, did she know how to speak?

"Hello?" asked more than said to see if she could speak. She made no noise, but that its self did not tell me she couldn't speak. It was the slight tilting of her head that told me she didn't understand. I wondered what I could do to make her understand what I meant. I raised my hand to wave my hand. The second her eye's saw my hand raise she instantly misunderstood; she cowered thinking I was going to punish her. She had obviously been near humans before.

I didn't want to frighten her into an attack so I backed away slowly and sat in front of her. She cautiously opened her eye's to see why I didn't hit her. When she saw me sitting calmly on the ground in front of her she looked bewildered. Then from the ground I motioned for her to sit also. Luckily she understood. She sat as a dog would legs scrunched and hands pressed firmly on the ground.

I then activated my sharingan to allow me to see her thoughts. Most of them were wild, fleeting, like an animals. She took in every change in her surroundings, observed things people wouldn't, such as the scents in the room and the fact that the number of heart rates she could hear did not match the number of people she could see. Then I saw what I was looking for; human memories or, the closest thing to them.

I saw the pain she had suffered at the hands of the people she had encountered. They feared her- they feared what they didn't understand- and they beat her and tortured her because of it. She had endured so much to still even allow me in the room without attacking me. As I searched farther back I found a memory that was much different than the others. It was a good one as far as her memories went.

Once there had been a man that had taken her in knowing she was half demon. He had treated her kindly teaching her things. He at one point taught her to talk, that was vital information. She had been happy with him, but that would not last long. Her next memory was horrifying to me even though I was an S- rank criminal that had survived the great war.
♠ ♠ ♠
This came out of my head after I had taken a break form reading Breaking Dawn by Stephine Meyer. Hope you guys like it! ^_^