Status: Complete.

You've Got So Much Love in You

You're The Song Inside Of Me

The officer came inside, sitting down at the kitchen table. He got himself comfortable as I made coffee for the two of us, assuming Hayley wouldn't be coming down.

"I'm here on behalf of Hayley Williams. I heard from a Zachary Farro that she was staying here and I need to speak to her about a man named Scott Jay," he said. He was concise, short and to the point.

I felt my throat tighten. She would be scared and he'd want to talk to her alone.

"Just give me a second, I'll go get her," I said as he nodded. I made my way up the stairs and to the bedroom. Hayley was lying with the covers over her entire body, clutching a pillow next to her.

"Hayles, someone needs to talk to you about Scott Jay," I yanked the covers off. She had redness in her eyes and you could very easily see she had been crying.

"I don't wanna talk to him..." she murmured. I sat next to her.

"You need to, babe. You could put him in jail so he doesn't do it to anyone else. I'll be right by your side, I promise," I whispered quietly, taking her hand and helping her up. Something told me that when I said the words, "I promise" she was remembering some previous moment in our relationship. Most likely when I proposed to her for the first time.

The two of us walked down the stairs in unison. The officer stood as Hayley entered the room. I grabbed a stool and sat down while they were talking.

"I'd really appreciate if your friend here could leave. This is a private matter," he said, nodding his head towards me.

Hayley gave me a scared glance before speaking, "That's not my friend. She's my fiance and she needs to stay. She's the one who found me and took care of me afterwords."

I felt a small, timid smile slide into place after she spoke.

"Alright then. We just picked up Scott Jay from an alleyway in southern California. He had admitted to raping you and two other girls and will get 3 years in prison," the man took a sip of his coffee and looked directly at my...girlfriend? Fiance?

"That's good to know. Can I go back to sleep now?" Hayley gave me a certain look, telling me to go along with her.

"Oh. I'm sorry to have woken you up. I'll get going," he gave a short wave before showing himself out. I let out an exaggerated sigh and dropped my head to the counter top.

"Sleep?" Hayley asked, knowing what I was thinking.

"Yep," I said, forcing myself off the stool. My body felt like it was full of lead. It was heavy and I didn't want to move. Exhaustion.

We walked upstairs in silence after I had locked the door and turned off all the lights downstairs. Hayley took her spot and I lay next to her.

"Hey Hayles?" I spoke, remembering my curiosity from earlier.

"Yeah?" she murmured, barely audible.

"Are we engaged or are we dating?"

She hesitated, thinking.

"Engaged," she said finally. I let out a long exhale. Exhaustion soon overpowered the two of us and we fell sound asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Updated. Sorry for the long delay. My best friends and I have been fighting and I haven't been on the computer. I've been sleeping most of the time. There will be long delays between updates now but I promise you, I will not give up on this story.

Thank you for sticking with it. :D