Status: Complete.

You've Got So Much Love in You

Last Call

(Hayley's Perspective)

Josh and Zac had been my comfort and sanity since the break up. I had not talked to her, despite my attempts. Josh and Zac were making sure I had no contact with her, which I knew was hard for Zac- giving up his best friend for me. No matter how much I'd pleaded, they'd said this break up was final. There was no more working it out or trying to solve the problems, it was over.

"Hayles, how come there are texts in your out box to Kristy?" Josh scolded me. I let out a nervous laugh.

"Hayley!" Zac joined in. I could tell they were disappointed in me. I had been doing so well in not talking to her and I gave it up last night. The ache of missing her was just too much.

"I'm not happy anymore!" I yelped, letting myself fall onto the couch.

"We know you're not. She's not the only girl out there, Hayley," Josh tried, but I wasn't having it.

"But she's the only one I want," I countered. They didn't seem to have a response for that one. I grinned victoriously as they put their heads down in shame.

"She'll come back to you sometime. Why don't you just chill for now?" Josh suggested, his tone soft and caring.

"I can't chill. I know who's kissing her and who's holding her and I can't stand it."

"Just hold on for a little while, okay? She and that girl won't work out. The chick looks like she's just out to break some hearts," Josh consoled. Zac was staring off into space. I kicked him and he shook out of his trance.

"What's your deal?" I asked. He shrugged and walked in the living room.

I turned my head to Josh, silently asking him what was wrong with Zac.

"He's thinking about something. Probably that girl, Kaitlin that he went out with. It wouldn't surprise me," Josh laughed.

I wasn't sure why and I don't know how, but I somehow managed to smile. It wasn't the forced smile that I'd been giving to everyone who looked my way recently,but an actual smile because I felt happy.

"Kaitlin is a bitch," I laughed along with him. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders, like I wasn't hurting as bad anymore.

"I know someone else who is a bitch, too," Josh smirked.

"Who?" I raised an eyebrow, my hand raised to hit him if he said me.

"Sierra Kusterbeck."

We both erupted in roars of laughter. I couldn't stop giggling for what seemed like forever. It even got the point where my ribs ached from laughing so much with a break in between.

The laughing stopped, though, as my phone started ringing. Josh picked it up and hit the ignore key before I had the chance to look at it.

"Who was that?" I growled.

"Nobody that you want to talk to," he replied. I looked over his shoulder and saw him erasing my missed call history.

"Josh, who was that?"

"Nobody!" he snapped, his face turning angry quickly. I persisted, though.

"Who was it?!" I yelled, making sure I sounded strong. I had a good idea of who it was, but I couldn't be sure.

"I'm not telling you who it was. They're not worth your time," he retorted, still holding my phone in his hands.

"I deserve to know who was trying to call me!"

"They aren't worth your time, okay?! Not after what they did to you."

"Josh, just tell me! I'll find out one way or another," I snapped at him, trying to snatch my phone. He only put it in his back pocket and stood up.

"Hayley, just trust me on this one. You don't want to talk to them," Josh backed up slowly, against the wall. I stood in front of him, though his height was much more than mine, I was still getting to him and I knew it.

"I deserve to know. You can't protect me forever," I growled. He was pinned against the wall.

"It was her, okay? She doesn't deserve to talk to you, though! She doesn't deserve you!" he pleaded. I moved backwards, in shock. He handed me my phone and sat back down on the couch.

I wasn't sure what made me call her back, but there was an instinct inside of me that told me something wasn't right.

"Hello?" I asked as the line opened.

"Help," a terrified voice replied on the other end before the phone line clicked dead again. It didn't sound like Kristy so it must've been her new girlfriend. The two were bound to be together right now because she had Kristy's phone... and she sounded like she was crying. And there was screaming in the background...

Oh. My. God.
♠ ♠ ♠
Nearly 60 chapters. Never, ever expected this story to go so far. Some of you may have noticed the updates have come slow and by that, I mean they take weeks. That is not because I'm giving up on this; I just haven't had a lot of time on my hands lately. Not to mention, I've been setting up my summer plans and spring break.

An off topic note: is anyone going to Warped Tour this summer? :P