Status: Complete.

You've Got So Much Love in You

One Last Breath

(Kristy's Perspective)

Sierra. Hiding in the closet. Scared to death. Don't hurt her. Somebody help me, please. Somebody save me.

All I could think was to protect her. I could only think to protect her with all I had left. I was weakened, tied to a chair and trying to figure out a way that I could get out of this mess.

Things get messy when you break a famous rock stars heart. Fans aren't happy about it. Fans take it overboard.

"You gonna say sorry for your actions?!" they yelled. It was one male, one female. I'm guessing they were dating because no-one would be stupid enough to do this unless they had some kind of commitment to each other and that was what I needed to break out of this mess and save Sierra's life, and maybe, if I'm lucky, my own.

"This is none of your business, you know. It is Hayley's life," I tried to reason. They wouldn't listen, no matter what I said. I knew though, if I got the girl alone, I could talk some sense into her. She was timid and quiet, unlike the male, who seemed to be taking charge and trying to "show me what I deserve" for breaking Hayley's heart.

"It becomes my business when she disappears from public eye," he shouted. I didn't even flinch that time. My inhumane instincts were kicking in and my adrenaline was pumping faster than ever.

"Maybe she wanted some time alone. She has a life other than music, you know. You're really being stupid," I retorted, a sarcastic undertone in my voice.

This displeased the male. His face turned angrier than before. It wasn't long before I felt his hand collide with my cheek. Now, I'm not a fighter, but that really set me off.

"Listen here, buddy. It's Hayley's life. Not yours, stop trying to live it for her. She can do whatever she wants. You guys don't own her! And you obviously aren't a fan because you're doing things that would hurt her by hurting me," I once again, tried to reason, but it was harder when you were trying to control the million tons of anger flowing through your veins, thicker than your blood.

"You ruined her life. That's when it becomes my business," he responded cockily. I could hear a muffled whimper coming from the closet, praying to God he didn't hear it. If he hurt Sierra, I would chew my hands out of the ties they were in. If he laid a single hand on her, he'd be six feet under the ground.

The female heard it, I know she did. She looked to the side. The male, however, didn't. He stood still, staring at me. I was glaring back at him, hate heavy in my eyes.

"It doesn't become your business unless she formally tells you it is. You'd be killing her if she knew what you were doing to me. If she knew what was happening, she'd be hysterical. Miserable," I argued. My arrogance was irritating him, I could tell. I dared him to kill me. He didn't have the nerve, even though he was talking like he wasn't afraid to. I could see it in his dark eyes that he had no notion to kill me. He wanted to scare me and that's it.

"You are by far the most arrogant son of a bitch I've ever met. Why would she love a loser like you?" he shouted, seemingly now jealous of Hayley loving me.

"I never said I deserved her. I never said she couldn't do better. I know she could and she was free to leave whenever she wanted. She loved me because I care about her. She loved me because I treated her like a person, unlike you."

"You treat her like a person? Really? Explain to me then, why you broke her heart?!"

"I fell in love with someone else. And no, you can't have their name. Again, it's none of your business," I shouted, making sure Sierra heard me loud and clear.

Crash.

The door opened, slamming against the wall with a massive force. In the doorway stood a tired looking Hayley, but tired was not all she was. She was angry and when I say angry, I mean she was furious.

"What the hell is your problem?!" she shouted at the male. He was startled by her presence, and her anger.

"I'm getting revenge for you," he regained his confidence, even though it was hollow.

"I don't want your revenge. Just because we're not together, it doesn't mean I don't still love her to bits. You're an idiot for hurting her, and surely no fan of mine," she screamed. The male was bewildered, as he grabbed the female's arm and ran out as quickly as he could.

"How did you know?" I asked, chewing my way out of the ties on my arms.

"Sierra called me from your phone," she replied, her voice distant.

"You heard, huh?"

"Heard that you'd moved on? Yeah, I did. I'm not happy about it but I don't resent you for it," she let out a careful laugh as I finished chewing the hole in the ties. I sighed with relief as my hands felt free. All I could do, though I knew it would hurt Hayley, was see if Sierra was okay. As I opened the closet door, she let out a mortified scream.

I could hear Hayley laughing back in the living room. Her laugh, though it did not ignite the butterflies anymore, was still nice to hear. I couldn't really ask for a better best friend than her, and I hoped that's what we could be, best friends.

"Sierra?" I asked. It was only a moment before I was tackled to the ground by the small, short form of my new girlfriend. She was quick to check for injuries on me, noting the red marks on my wrists from the ties and the hand print on my cheek. She gently kissed the bruise, before realizing who was watching.

"Hayley, I'm so.. sorry," she apologized profusely. I think the apology had a few subliminal meanings to it, though. Something told me it was her apologizing for catching my heart just when my love for Hayley had a moment of weakness.

And something told me, Hayley didn't resent her for that.

To my greatest surprise, my ex-fiancee and new girlfriend were embracing each other, tears rolling down both of their cheeks. I was baffled, but stood watching in awe.

In the back of my mind, though, I knew, this was not over. People would trying to find me for a long, long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I'm shocked that I've managed to write 2 chapters in less than week.

Haha, guess motivation comes in strange forms.