Status: Complete.

You've Got So Much Love in You

The Start of the Sleepless Nights

Kristy's Perspective

I could watch them interact, analyzing their every move, and it none of it occurred to me until I lay my head down on my pillow that night, that this was all my doing. It was all my idea to set those two up. I guess I just didn't think about the possibility of it actually working, but it had.

They flirted, and continued flirting until I finally had to use the excuse that I was tired to get them to leave. I couldn't take seeing it.

"You're a dork," Sierra would laugh.

"You think it's cute," Hayley would counter.

"I do, sue me," Sierra would grin and somehow end up kissing Hayley's cheek, and that would be agonizing for me.


I can replay the scenes of the night over and over again in my mind, just like a broken record that skipped pieces of a song, but this time, it was all different pieces and I was absorbed in trying to get rid of it.

It felt like someone was stepping on me, their foot on my throat, waiting for me to beg them to just do it.

When I woke up the next morning, I hadn't expected to be awoken by a call from Sierra, announcing she and Hayley were an item. I won't lie, it did hurt pretty badly, but that doesn't mean I was going to try and wreck it for them. They were happy, and this was my idea, after all.

"She's so sweet, Krist. I really like her," Sierra gushed. I could hear the smile in her voice. She was truly happy with Hayley.

"I'm glad you two found each other," I tried to sound enthusiastic, but it came out sarcastic and dry.

"What's wrong? You seemed happy last night," Sierra pressed, finally catching my demeanor.

"Listen, I've got to go. I'll catch up with you later, okay?"

"Promise?"

"No, I can't. I don't know what I'll be doing. I'll try, though. Bye, Sierra," I pressed the end key on my phone and threw it on to my bed, flinging myself into my pillows.

I could hear it vibrating against the fabric of my comforter. Sierra surely had called Hayley and let her know about my little out burst and she would be worried, but I couldn't give a damn about anything other than the thoughts burning my brain.

You had your chance. She loved you. Now, she's gone.

I loved her first.

I fell asleep soon after, to a rather taunting dream. It was the same thing repeated over and over again: them kissing and both of them gushing to me about how they get butterflies every time their lips touch.

The good thing about my little nap was that it only lasted ten minutes, but the bad thing was I woke up sick to my stomach and ended up emptying the contents of my stomach into the toilet.

I laid back down in bed after my episode of emptying everything out of my stomach. I kept over analyzing everything they did and said, thinking that neither of them had any feelings for me in the first place.

I remember very clearly when they hugged me as they left, that there was no hesitance when they let go like there usually was. Neither of them had seemed bothered by the fact that I barely put my arms around them or that I had been distant all night. Sierra had gave me a side glance once, but I think she brushed it off as I was tired and not in the mood to joke and carry on, but she had been so, so wrong.

I stifled a dry laugh, pushing the little memories out of my head for now. I turned my phone off quickly, throwing it in my night stand drawer. People calling and texting me wasn't what I wanted to deal with today. Besides, I'd have a lot to do if I was going through with my plan.

(Hayley's Perspective.)

I know it's not like her to turn her phone off. It's not like her to not answer it, either. The thing that scared me most? No one had seen her today.

"Love, I'm scared," Sierra approached me, sitting on the stool next to me.

"Me, too. Zac said he's going to go over there and see if he can find her. She does this, though. She cuts herself off when she's in pain," I tried comforting her, but we both knew it was near impossible to console someone when their best friend was mysteriously disappearing.

"I hope he finds her," Sierra murmured, resting her head on her arms.

We both jumped at the noise of my phone vibrating on the counter. I grabbed it before she had the chance, knowing she would be too anxious.

"Hey Zac," I said casually.

"She's not answering the door, Hayles. I pounded on it," his voice echoed a subliminal sadness. Something about his tone told me she wasn't just sleeping and that broken hearts are all very, very real.
♠ ♠ ♠
Way, way overdue! I'm sorry about that guys. Blame my self absorbed-ness. :P Enjoy the chapter, and I promise not to take so long next time. :P