Status: Complete.

You've Got So Much Love in You

Rise Above This.

Hayley's Perspective.

"What do you mean, Zac? There's no way... she can't... not now..." I was speechless, bewildered by the whole situation. She wouldn't do that, not now. She was stronger than that!

"Unless she's not home, she did," he sighed. I could tell he was tired and probably wanted to go home.

"Try and get in the door with a credit card or something," Sierra suggested.

"Yeah, Zac, try that."

I could hear him set the phone down and mumble something about stupidity before he finally yelped in excitement.

"I got the lock open! I'll call you later," he said before hanging up, leaving both Sierra and I with frayed nerves and a sick, sick feeling in the pit of our stomachs.

Zac's Perspective.

"Kristy!" I shouted, walking down the hall way to the stairs. I didn't get any response from her, and that scared the hell out of me.

I was biting my lip as I walked up the stairs and into her room. The door was shut, and that wasn't like her. It was usually open and the TV was usually on.

"Krist?" I asked, walking over to the bed. There was someone lying under the covers, but not responding.

I yanked the comforter off her and looked down at her. She rolled over onto her back. Relief swept over me as I realized her chest was still rising and falling. She hadn't done anything stupid, but rather was just sleeping. I decided to wake her up and give her shit for worrying all of us so much.

"Krist, get up!" I shook her, earning me a growl in response.

"Leave me alone," she snapped, pulling a pillow over her head.

"What the hell do you expect? You've had everyone worried sick!" I shouted, trying my best to feign anger when all I had in me was relief that my best friend wasn't dead.

"I'm sorry, god forbid I don't want to talk to idiots all day."

"Idiots? We're stupid because we care about you, right?"

"Just leave," she growled, sitting up now.

"Not until I'm assured there is nothing here that you can hurt yourself with," I never, ever pictured myself saying that one.

"Then go fucking look around, I don't care."

Something about the nervous undertone in her voice told me that she wasn't just wanting to sleep the whole day away.

As I rummaged through her night stand, I found her phone, and a sheet of paper, which, I knew exactly what it was and I wasn't surprised that I found it.

"You wanna tell me what this is?" I asked, tossing it at her. She shook her head, throwing it back into the pillow again.

"That's nothing. Why do you think I went to sleep? I didn't want to do any stupid shit, which, I knew I would and frankly, neither of those two girls are worth it!"

"You know pretty well that's not true. You love them both and the only reason you let them date is because you're a self-sacrificing idiot," I snapped. She flinched and bit her lip.

"What do you want me to do? Break both their hearts in the long run? I'm not going to hurt people when I know I can avoid it."

"That doesn't mean you have to hurt yourself!"

"Them being together is the only way to prevent them both having broken hearts when sometime in the future, I get infatuated with someone else. I'm too young to know what I want, Zac!" I could see the tears falling from her eyes now and I immediately felt bad.

"Aw, come on, Krist, don't cry. They still love you! They're worried sick," I sighed, trying to find the words of comfort that she needed.

"Look, I just.. I wanna be alone right now. I swear I won't do anything stupid, I just wanna think for awhile..." she whispered, throwing herself back onto her bed.

"I'll leave you to that, then. And I'm holding you to your little promise," I sighed, walking downstairs and out the door. I had this gut feeling that this would not be ending very well.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sick so I guess writing was something I wanted to get off my lazy ass and do. Sinuses suck. :P