Epic Failures of a Teenage Emo ***

She Said Kill Me Faster

Eye, cheek, nose, lip, jaw and eyebrow. Andy slowly rotated the bag of ice from place to place on his face that either had a bruise, a cut or both. The swelling had gone down and was now just a painful memory.

"I don't care if it's 'just what boys do' Mr. Wells. Carter attacked Andrew and he needs to be held responsible for it. Andrew is a small boy--"

Andy ignored the rest of it. He had been sitting outside the principles office listening to Mrs. Hayes defend him for the past 2 hours and it hadn't been going so well. They had just been screaming louder and louder till either a student or teacher would poke their head in the door to see what all the commotion was about, and upon seeing Andy's face, would gasp and quickly disappear.

Andy didn't remember much after being punched. Apparently Carter hit him several times--exhibit A, his face--and had left him there on the gym floor. Nobody really noticed till gym was over and the next gym class came in and some little grade 9 kid couldn't hold his pancakes from breakfast.

Andy again switched the ice pack from nose to lip as he sat there waiting for someone to tell him he could go back to class. Any class, just not here. There was nothing in this whole world that could make him stay in this stupid office anymore, nothing--

"Excuse me? Is the the principals office?"

Andy whipped his head around to see a small girl with the most golden blonde hair he had ever seen. She looked around nervously after seeing his face and chewed her lip. She was wearing a short summer dress with green abstract patterns encircling her small body. She tightly held her binder to her chest like a naive freshman, but you could tell she was a senior.

"Oh, uh... Yeah. That's him in there." Andy pointed with his free hand, feeling stupid for staring, but he couldn't.

"Merci." She said quietly and sat down on an empty seat across from him. Her speech was heavy with a French accent, she was obviously one of the French exchange students.
Andy just nodded stupidly and finally managed to pry his eyes away from her.