Twisted Mind

The Beginning

Hi, my name is Roxi, and this is my story..

So, I'm not your average girl.
Not at all.

I don't love all that is glitz and glamor.. But I do love the glint of a cleaver resting at the edge of a counter, ready to pounce. Just sitting there waiting for its match; for its chance to shine as it slices through..
I stare in ecstasy.

But anyway, As you might have guessed, I didn't have the perfect childhood. Hell, I didn't really have a childhood at all. I didn't spend my day playing with my toys - I didn't have any. Well, not any that you would call toys. For lack of money, mine consisted of anything that I could find really; a switchblade knife, an old tattered rope and a beat up and filthy doll that I found in the gutter one night while on the prowl. She only had one eye and half her hair, but hey, that's my kind of girl.

I lived with my brother, who was way older than I, in the ruins of town. We were lucky just to have a night without being woken up from gun shots and people climbing through our glass-less windows. Yeah, we were living well..

I never knew my parents, so I can't tell you about, or what happened to them. But just as mysterious as that is, when I was about 8, I woke up one morning to find my brother, poor, shameless Henry, gutted on the bed.
I just stood there and stared. A wave of unfamiliar emotion swept over me.

Today I now realize that it was then and there that I had fallen in love. I did not wonder of how this happened; there, like that.
It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, and I could not wait to make my own piece of art.

So as I basked in the glory of my brother's crimson liquids soaking through the bed and into the rugs, I only thought to smile.

This was the day everything changed for me. I knew what I was set out to do now..

And that's where it all started;
This twisted story of mine.