Twisted Mind

Sorry

I came home; threw my bag on the table. The dankness of my "home" hit me in the face. Although familiar and welcoming, I could tell that it has gotten stronger in the last few days.

"What the hell?"

I walked into the next room.

"Henry." I said walking to the bed. "Your starting to smell!"

I sat down next to him on the bed. Poor Henry. It's been years since the incident. There's not much left to him now, but I love him all the same.
I put my hand on his skull. Suddenly I could feel some sort of vibration coming from in his head. There was something in there. Confused, I stuck my fingers though one of his eye sockets. I could feel it but it moved away. I'd grab it and then it'd slip away again. I got up and went back to the kitchen and grabbed my bag and opened it. I took out my old rusty knife and headed back to the room.

"Don't worry Henry. I'll get the fucker out of there."

I bent down and tried to look in and see if I could see it. But it was no use.
I put my hand back to his skull to feel where the movement was coming from.
"Gotcha!" I yelled as I jammed the knife down into his left socket.
There was a high-pitched squeak.

As I tried to to pull the animal out kabob style, it fell off with the impact of the too-small opening. So I reached in and pulled it out, not saving it from some more tearing of its skin from the tight fit.

"How the hell did you get in there?" I asked the now dead rat. "Eh. Oh well." I said throwing it to the floor.

I looked down at Henry.
"Sorry I said you smelled.." And walked away.