No Flaws When You're Pretending

Bump

I went to school the next day, an image of perfection. I didn't have a plan yet, so I was making myself keep up the charade. I didn't want to have a sudden change. I needed something that would only slowly, but surely, transform me into who I wanted to be.

I was walking to my locker when an idea hit me. Literally. My friend, Jess, was at her locker which was next to mine. There was some sore of commotion down the hall a bit, but I ignored it and waved to Jess when she saw me. She returned the wave and smiled. I was going to smile back when someone crashed into me and I went crashing to the ground, along with the person who had ran into me. I closed my eyes as I fell, and my head hit the floor. There was a body on top of mine and the force of the fall had taken the air from my lungs. I gasped for breath.

"Are you ok?" A voice asked. I opened my eyes and was immeiately faced with a pair of beautiful, chocolate brown eyes which belonged to a guy I didn't know. My observations were quickly interrupted by a throbbing pain in my head. I flinched.

"My head," I groaned.

"Shit," the guy said getting up. He helped me up to a sitting position and I touched my hand to my head where I had hit it, feeling a bump forming. I pulled my hand away and looked at it. No blood. "Let me help you to the nurse."

The guy stood up and offered me his hand which I took and he pulled me up. As soon as I was on my feet, he let go of my hand and I staggered into the wall, the hallway spinning just a little. The guy stepped toward me, but Jess got in his way.

"I'll take her to the nurse," she said, glaring at the guy. "I think you've done enough."

Jess wrapped an arm around me and led me to the nurse.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As I left the school later on, with a good sized bump on my head, I heard someone yelling.

"Hey!" the voice yelled. Curious as to who was yelling, I looked behind me and saw the guy who knocked me over, and he was coming straight towards me and was soon next to me. "I wanted to apologize for earlier. You can't imagine how bad I feel."

"It's ok," I said. He was adorable. It was hard not to forgive him. "I'm Lauren, by the way."

"Brendon," he said. I smiled at him. "Is there anything I can do to make up for earlier?"

I thought for a minute.

"Not that I can think of," I said. Brendon looked at me, pleading with his eyes. This guy really did feel bad. "But I'll let you know as soon as I think of something."

Brendon immediately smiled.

"Well," he said. "I have to go! See you tomorrow, Lauren."

He left me and I followed a minute later. When I reached the schools parking lot, I saw Brendon getting into a beat up car. That gave me an idea.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments??
~Sally