Love at first bite

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Drenched in vanilla twilight...

Gerard’s POV

“Frank, what it is?” I asked softly as his hand folded into mine.

His flesh was warm, small droplets of sweat glistening in the dim light of the television screen. With wide, worried eyes as he took a ragged breath.
In those eyes saw an uncomfortable blend of agony, adoration, anger, and most of all misery. Like he direly wanted to tell me something, but a part of him held the words back.

I found myself reaching up and placing a cooling hand on his sweaty cheek.
“You can tell me anything, okay, really, but don’t strain yourself here, you don’t have to tell me right this minute,” I quickly whispered reassuringly, now moving my hand around his back and pulling him closer.
But he wouldn’t put his head on my shoulder. He suddenly went rigid, teeth chattering. I was so worried about him. I didn’t know what was going on and why. It was almost like he was having a seizure, minus the thrashing and the unconsciousness.
Suddenly, as string of unintelligible words punched its way out of his lips, my worry turned to frantic panic

“Frank, please, just stop okay? No need to get so worked up over this, I’m sure whatever it is can’t be that bad,” I exclaimed urgently, standing up and holding him by the shoulders. He remained firmly sitting down, his breath coming in short gasps.
”I’m sure whatever it is can’t be that bad”
Really I was trying to convince myself that these words were true. But looking at Frank sitting there with such a tortured expression on his face, listening to his confused mumbling pouring from his bloodless lips, I knew that what he wanted to say must have been almost deathly important.

Frank’s POV
I was scaring him. So fucking much.
It was awful, seeing him tremble with worry, feeling the hot blood thrumming in his veins as he gripped my shoulders tightly.
Blood that you want to bathe in, to lap up freely from a giant cavity in his throat.”
I roared in anger and pain, swatting my head, trying to punish my inner wolf. I wanted him to shut up, shut up for good, but I knew that was never going to be a viable option.
As much as I wanted to stop the mumbling, to stop the constant shivering, I couldn’t. It was like it was beyond my control, like something else was controlling my body.
However, whoever it was, they couldn’t control my thoughts.
What the hell, Frank, pull yourself together. It’s not the end of the world, I snarl inwardly, lower jaw slicing my bottom lip open as Gerard suddenly wraps his arms around me, rocking my frail body gently
Sure it’s not the end of the world. Not as long as Gerard doesn’t mind having a bloodthirsty wolf for a boyfriend.
I stifle a growl, smothering the terrible thoughts that seemed to be erupting from my skull.
“Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut UP!”
Gerard sharply drops his arms, eyes widening. He said something very slowly, but my ears felt too worn out and tired to listen.
Dazed, I leaned backwards against the sofa, feeling the convulsions become less severe.
I hadn’t realised I’d spoken out loud, let alone to Gerard.
“I... I’m sorry,” Gerard said softly, a single silvery tear slipping down his pale cheek.
Hastily, I rubbed it away. “You’ve nothing to be sorry for.”
“But you just told me to--”
“I wasn’t talking to you, sweetheart...”
Gerard frowned, cocking his head like a confused puppy. Looking at that perfect face, I knew what I had to say couldn’t quite be put into words. Well, words that my beautiful boyfriend would gladly accept without question, at least.
“Frankie babe... you wanted to tell me something?”
Immediately I jumped up, wrapping my hand around his wrist. I pulled him up so he stood next to me, giving his soft skin a reassuring stroke to calm him down.
I pecked his lips with a nervous smile. “Come with me.”

Quickly I headed for the garden, a stunned Gerard in tow, and somehow managed to wrench the back door open. We rarely ever used the garden.
Wiry weeds slithered up the posts of the wooden gate that divided our garden from the next door family’s one. The apple tree in the back had almost withered and died completely, but still managed to cast a large, looming shadow over the vast grassy pitch thanks to the glowing lampposts that studded the road behind it.
All that paired with the purple-black night sky gave the yard a chilling, eerie feeling.
Which was oddly suiting, given our reason to be outside.

“It’s beautiful out here,” Gerard breathed dreamily.
I watched from the corner of my eye as he smiled into the sudden gust of fresh breeze, wind blowing gently through his thick dark hair.
Gerard craned his neck towards the sky. The wind had brushed the hair from his throat, exposing the big beautiful blue veins that adorned the translucent skin of his jugular.
That creamy white flesh would taste incredible, and you know it would, a husky yet familiar voice rumbled from inside my chest, “You want this just as much as all our kind do. You want to kill.”
“No I don’t,” I growled angrily to myself, receiving well-deserved looks of puzzlement from Gerard.
I turned to face him, holding him by his shoulders and doing my best to quell the hunger that still churned in the pit of my stomach.
I am not a killer.
Deep breath, Frankie boy. Time for the truth to come out.
♠ ♠ ♠
RZETYUIHO
I AM SO SORRY
SERIOUSLY
>:(
I am angry at myself for letting this sit idle for so long... forgiveforgive?
>:3
xoxo
ENJOY!