Best I've Ever Had

Best I've Ever Had Part one

Upon resting my head on my hand, I anxiously awaited for my husband to return from the bedside of his brother's, he had recently struck ill and his mother wanted him to stay there while he came to visit for a family reunion.

The clock gave a steady beat to it. Click, clunk, click, clunk, click etc... My foot became restless, I was always so worried about him. One week he has stayed with family, I had called him about eleven times a day. It never bothered him at all. I know, I always asked him.

Out of the blue, the phone rang. I jumped about a foot in the air. Like in those cartoons where the puppy sneaks up on the sleeping kitten and barks, while the cat jumps to the ceiling. I laughed at my overraction and settled the phone to my ear. "Frankie.." I heard a muffled voice say to me. "What, what's going on?" I had asked. It didn't sound like Gerard.

"It's Mikey...Gerard, h-he passed on." I almost dropped the phone, it couldn't be possible. I had just seen him about seven hours ago. They said he'd return home. "Come over when you can, we're waiting for the abulance to arive to pronounce him..well...the "d" word. He reffered to it as. He couldn't say it. And neither could I.

All the while I had a vision of what I had read over at the Way's residence. It was a little paper booklet. Entittled "Gone from my eyesight." It held a picture of a sailor looking out to sea, a boat had drifted further into the horizion. It held stages of death, and how to recignize it in a person.

First stage :Complection will become pale, and almost reflect a blue or purple color. Breathing is shallow and sounds clogged. Person can be awaken from this stage, but drifts in and out of semi-conciousness.

There were so many stages, I just skipped to the last one. I could hear the words being pounded into my skull. Dead...fish out of water.. Tears had filled my eyes as I had then seen i was parked at the Way's house. Family memebers had stepped out to smoke and clear their thoughts. I thought I'd be bawling, but I was to stuned to cry.

For hours we gathered around Gerard's body on the bed. I could of sworn I seen his chest rise and fall. But I didn't make a sound. I was afraid to touch Gerard's body. He seemed so delicate. Like his limbs would just fall off.

Then i sighed and found it all to real...when the abulance came.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have had the displeasue to read the book "Gone from my eyesight" Not exactly the best reading material when you know someone is going to die.

Chapter two is the last chapter.