Torn

Laura

You can't get the brutal images of Holly screaming out of your head. They haunt you. Groaning you haul yourself out of bed and stand on the moonlit balcony. You watch the stars for a while, until you hear a dreamy sigh. Startled, you turn to face the noise, and to your suprise, you see a young girl - no more than five years of age - standing on the balcony next to yours, the balcony connected to Canen's bedroom. She's wearing a tiny maid's uniform, and is carrying a feather duster. Her long, blonde hair is pulled back into a neat ponytail on the back of her head.
"Hello" You say, making her jump.
"Oh, Hello, Sir." She says, curtsying. She looks nervous, as though she's been caught doing something she shouldn't.
"What's your name?" You ask, kindly. She looks slightly shocked by your being nice to her.
"L - Laura, Sir" She stammers.
"What are you doing here, Laura" You gesture to the Balcony. She bites her pink lips.
"Well, I was told by Master that I had to clean his room and Balcony. But I saw the pretty stars and couldn't look away" She bows her head, and seems to be preparing for your punishment for her.
"OK, are you finished?" She looks up and frowns, obviously confused. But nods nonetheless. "Would you like to come here and have some Hot Chocolate?" Laura's face lights up with a huge grin as she nods eagerly.
"I've never had hot Chocolate before, Sir." She tells you, and you're shocked. All children should have Hot Chocolate! Sudennly, Laura's smile fades.
"But, Master Canen ... He would never allow me to have Hot Chocolate" A heart-breaking look of pure dissapointment fills her eyes.
"You leave him to me" You reasure her. She smiles sweetly at you and joins you in your room.

The hour you spend with Laura is the first you have spent not thinking about Holly.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK. I know it's short, it's kinda only a filler.
Comment and suscribe -- you get a cyber cookie!! = D