The Locker Wars

That Was Low

Adele was right on time meeting William in the courtyard. He was sitting right underneath a tree, chomping on a sandwich while looking around to see if anyone was watching him. Or maybe he did that to be watched. Adele didn’t know because either way, he was still a conceited bastard.

She walked right up to him and gave him a sour look, clearing her throat. “What did you want?”

William looked up and smiled, wrapping the sandwich and sticking it in his jacket pocket. He stood up and kept smiling, which creeped her out a little.

“Walk with me,” William instructed. He got up and started to walk away, but Adele had her feet planted to the ground.

“Why?” she asked, a suspicious look in her eye. William just shrugged, and Adele folded her arms. They started to walk away from the school grounds in silence.

They walked until they were at the back of the fields. William stopped and sat on the ground, and Adele plopped down beside him, not knowing what to do. She kept looking around to preoccupy herself until William finally spoke up.

“So,” he sighed, the breeze blowing through his brown locks, “What would you do if I told you that you have to do everything I say for an indefinite period of time?”

“No,” Adele answered immediately. “You’re an idiot, and if you just led me here to tell me that, then you’re such an idiot because it’d be real fucking sad if you didn’t know me that well.”

“Well.” William began to laugh. Adele sat there uncomfortably, looking around at other people again.

“What?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. She knew William Beckett to be cryptic and have those hidden metaphors in his speech to make him sound like a poet and all that jazz, just because he wrote songs and stuff, but this was being just downright weird. “What is it, Beckett? I haven’t got all lunch period, seriously.”

“You’ll stay if I tell you to stay.” William laughed again.

“If this is some ploy to threaten me with some revenge that you haven’t come up with yet—”

“You’re still going to have to stay, Adele,” William warned, a big smile still plastered on his lips. “Because, what if I told you that I have something precious of yours, something that’s been... missing for a few days.”

Adele glared. “What do you have of mine?”

“Something,” William smiled again, “Something that might have disappeared a long time ago, and I may have lied and said I didn’t have it.”

“You asshole!” Adele screeched. “I... you... fuck you!”

“Your precious item may be susceptible to anything I want... paint, permanent damage. You know.” William nodded, grinning at his genius plan. “Anything.”

Adele rolled her eyes and folded her arms.

“Your tantrum isn’t going to stop me from murdering your cat, you know,” William nearly whispered, and Adele sighed.

“Fine. Fine, I know your stupid little dirty game you’re playing this year.” Adele shrugged, and tried not to think of her poor kitty locked up in William Beckett’s basement or some other torturous thing he might’ve planned for him. “Just know that it’ll only up my own game.”

She marched away from him, but knew that he was going to win this round.

* * *

Adele had gone right to her friends and told them of Beckett’s plan. Genius, but on the wrong side (their side) it was total torture. Adele was bitching because he had her cat. And she wouldn’t stop; because once she got going... well... nobody was safe, really.

So when they all separated to go to their afternoon classes, Diane and Kirsten happened to cross William Beckett’s path on the second floor of the school. They gave him dirty looks until he stopped and they all turned to face each other.

“Just so you know, Adele won’t stop bitching and wailing that her cat’s gone,” Kirsten rolled her eyes. William shrunk back a bit, because there was always something intimidating about the other group’s friends cornering an enemy in the hallway. William was no exception, but he hid it well.

“That was low, even for you,” Diane added in, and both the girls turned on their heels and started to walk away from a trembling William.

So he gulped and rushed into his next class, trying to rid himself of the guilt that was already spreading on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
... tried to produce an update, but... there's no excuse. D:
Anyways, school's in 2 days. Yeah. Enjoy the update (?).