The Locker Wars

Equals Forever Stupid

The digital clock on William’s dresser read 12:39 in big, bold read letters. Outside his window, the day was shining its autumn best, but William was still snoozing under his sheets, warmth outlining his body.

He rolled onto his side, his head throbbing. Today was not a good day, and he already figured it out in his dreams. And when he got to the surface of consciousness, he knew that he would have to nurse a hangover and the stupidities of words that came from being drunk.

His parents were already out; he knew it, because they said that they’d be going out. But no, William had to finish more homework. He never wanted to touch another drink if this was what happened every morning after.

* * *

“I tried, I really, really tried,” Adele sighed, twirling her hair around her fingers. “He just wouldn’t listen, the stupid bastard. Everything has to revolve around him. Always him, never thinking of anything else. You know, where do you think he even learned to be such an asshole?”

“Well, I don’t know. There could be, like, a million reasons that he was acting like that.” Kirsten rubbed her eyes, and then rolled over on her sleeping bag. Last night when Adele felt horrible, she called an emergency sleepover with Kirsten, Riley, Diane and Talia.

“Like...” Diane suggested, but turned red and started giggling. “Never mind, never mind. It’s... it can’t be an option. Impossible.” She turned and whispered the answer to Talia, who started giggling as well.

“What?!” Adele screeched. “Tell me, goddamnit! If you’re going to be like that...” Her mouth hung open and her eyebrows furrowed together.

“I agree, impossible,” Riley agreed once Talia had told Kirsten who told Riley. “I... oh my god, thanks for making me laugh.” The four doubled over in laughter as Adele looked on, pouting.

“You guys are mean!” She stuck out her bottom lip and pouted.

“No, no,” Talia grinned, and then snorted. “Him? Into miss preppy-pants here? They’re completely opposite.”

“I know.”

“You guys are mean!” Adele whined, and then raised an eyebrow. “Wait, who’s into me? And what’s wrong with being a preppy-pants? Maybe I don’t want to be a freak like William Beckett! Have you ever thought of that? The way he dresses is absolutely freaky? And that one time he dyed his hair black... freaky?”

“Shut up,” Riley slammed a palm over Adele’s mouth. “You talk way too much. Besides, it was a thought, and thoughts don’t hurt, right?”

“Only the wrong ones,” Adele pulled Riley’s hand off of her mouth.

Diane shook her head. “You’re too obsessed with being right.”

“It comes from my want to be the best in everything. Is that so wrong? Can’t I always be right? Besides, it’s embarrassing if I’m wrong anyways. Then I just look stupid and everyone points and laughs.”

“That’s stupid-sounding. You know no one’s going to laugh at you. In fact, they think they’re unworthy to be in the presence of such a smart student.”

“Well, they should be.”

“Bitch please!” Riley rolled her eyes.

“What?” Adele shrugged. “It’s true. Well, maybe not. Well, maybe. I mean the smart ones are the ones who get places in life, right?”

“Adele...” Riley shook her head. She knew it was no use trying to convince Adele anything otherwise, because what was in Adele’s head was the only right thing.

* * *

“Dude, no,” William groaned into the phone. “I said that? Fuck!”

“What do you mean, fuck? The war’s still going! We still have a chance at winning!” Jason cheered on the other line.

“Winning? Fuck winning right now! They don’t have anything to counter our last attack, and now look... I got all stupid and drunk. And it’s all your fault! You know, why do you have to take me out like that? Can’t you see that studying is better? I won’t have to think about wars in university. And now thanks to you, I probably will,” William snapped, rolling into his sea of bed sheets. “And I did take an Advil and it didn’t work on my head. Thanks, I can’t even study anymore.”

“Would you like some Midol with that attitude?” Jason scoffed.

“Fuck you,” William growled, and hung up the phone. Jason didn’t understand. In fact, Jason probably thought that he was becoming as prissy and closed-minded as Adele, which was... which was a pretty stupid idea, considering... well, it was just pretty stupid, imagining the both of them huddled in the middle of some stupid house party, refusing to drink anything or step foot on the dance floor.

William didn’t mind feeling stupid at all, though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yuck. I hate all this hinting. It drives me nuts with how corny I can get. >.>
For all you faithful readers / commenters/ subscribers. <3
-gives cookies-