The Locker Wars

Sort-of Intermission

It seemed like the world had gone quiet then. With the war stopped, nothing needed to be exchanged. Nothing was said between the two groups. All of the arguing and pranks—it just stopped.

And when it all stopped, it seemed like there was much more to worry about. Of course William and Adele weren’t on speaking terms, considering that William had left her on a bad note, and Adele just wasn’t bothered to ask for an apology anymore. Nothing seemed real in those months.

Christmas was small and quiet, New Year’s was boring and lonely, and when February showed its face, William was fed up. There had to be some last words that Adele wanted to leave on him, but she was probably just too shy to tell him. That had to be it. Or else why would she just stop talking to a childhood friend like that?

A new semester had started at Barrington High, and everything seemed so... unreal. It was like the proud, smart voices of Barrington High had shut up. The intellectual people didn’t seem to talk anymore. Was it affecting their grades? Were they talking? Why weren’t they? Strangely, the students wanted to know.

New semesters brought new people, just finishing their year at the school. It was nice to see a few fresh faces walking around, not knowing the past of the school. Not knowing the fights going on. Not knowing... anything, really, about who was who and who liked who and who never wanted to see whoever again. If that made sense.

A particularly new face had a cute smile, bright blue eyes and white, fairy-blonde hair. But it’s not like the girls were looking at the new boy anyways.

But one morning when Adele was trying to ignore William, who was standing beside her at his locker, blasting his music as loud as he could, Adele decided to go to the library for the remaining half-hour before homeroom. William pretended not to watch, keeping his eyes closed, cool, and collected, even though inside he wasn’t.

He watched her, and with the height difference, it was an advantage. He could watch her without being seen, but only if she didn’t tilt her head up. He could tell that her eyes were on her notes, like they usually were, and where they probably would always be.

Adele slammed her locker closed, and for the first time, she didn’t mind because William was standing right there, getting on her nerves and knowing it. She pretended that she didn’t recognize his presence, and went speeding down the hallway.

That is, until she bumped into a boy with a cute smile, bright blue eyes, and white, fairy-blonde hair.

“Sorry,” she mumbled.

“Hi,” he smiled back.

William looked the other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short because it's sort of like an intermission, because making sequels and stuff would not be cool if it's still in the same year and stuff... >.>
I love all of you who even take the chance to glance at this. I don't even think I say it enough. 170 comments? Wowowowow. D:
<333333