The Locker Wars

Times Two

Adele was on her way to her locker from Sociology class, and then to lunch, when Kirsten pulled her aside and started to pull her away from her locker.

“Hey! What’s up?!” Adele screeched, tugging away from her friend. “I want to get my lunch! Hey!”

“Just come here until,” Kirsten glanced behind her. “Never mind. I’ll tell you in a sec. Just don’t like, you know... just shut up a sec.”

“Okay?” Adele asked, but she didn’t question her friend’s intentions. If it was this drastic a measure to get her away from her locker, then it was that bad.

They both waited until the hallways were clear. And when William Beckett passed the two girls with a snobbish look on his face, Kirsten crinkled her nose and tugged Adele towards her locker. Adele only huffed and cursed under her breath.

Adele twisted her combination into her lock and opened the door, placing her books on the shelf inside. She then checked her lipgloss in her mirror and turned to her friend. “So what was that? Are you my personal bodyguard against Beckett now?”

“No,” Kirsten sighed. “I mean, I heard something... I thought... Well, you might not think it so bad, but I just heard and Beckett isn’t really one to...”

“Can you just tell me?” Adele snapped. “Like, seriously, you’re being really weird lately.”

Me weird, what about you being weird? You being infatuated with Skyler? Now I guess I understand Beckett’s intentions.” Kirsten folded her arms.

“What the hell are you talking about?” Adele threw her arms up, rolling her eyes. “You’re so dramatic.”

“You’re so hypocritical. Gosh.”

“Well, what? If it’s so bad that I can’t go to my locker on time.” Adele bit her lip and reached into her bag for her lunch. She then returned to checking her face in the mirror.

Kirsten rolled her eyes. “Well, I heard Mike and Jason talking about how they ditched Beckett a while ago.”

“Serves the dick right, then.”

“That’s not even it,” Kirsten shrugged. “They ditched him because he was planning an attack and they finally put their feet down and decided not to be pussies and ditch the dude.”

“No way!” Adele spun around and hugged Kirsten. “So, now we can win, right?”

“You’re an idiot,” Kirsten pushed her friend off of her. “Just so you know, your little romantic date with Skyler the other night? It was going to be ruined. Beckett wanted to ruin your date with Skyler.”

“Not even!” Adele gasped. She tapped her foot and folded her arms, looking around the hallways. After a few moments of staring into space, she sighed angrily. “Oh, seriously? He’s going into personal details now? How many times did I not rat on him for making out with tons of girls to his mom? The poor woman thinks he’s innocent. I can’t even believe him.”

“Chill, Adele, he didn’t even ruin your date. You’re lucky.”

“No, you know what? I’m not too lucky. How do I know he won’t plan something like this again?” Adele threw her lunch back into her bag and pulled out a notebook and her pack of cigarettes. “Is it raining outside? Do I need my coat?”

“The weather’s cool. But what for?”

“Well I’m gonna go have a smoke and then think about revenge.” Adele shrugged and slipped the pack into her pocket. She stuck her tongue out at Kirsten.

“What do you mean? Revenge for what exactly?”

“Well, for wanting to ruin my date. Hey, does he still do those shows where he thinks he’s a good singer and guitar player? Like, ‘Remembering Something’.”

“Remember Maine. And you know, I think he’s actually pretty good, all differences aside.” Kirsten shrugged. “Oh, what, you’re not thinking what I think you’re thinking, are you?”

“What, me going to throw tomatoes at him at his next show? Didn’t even thinking about it, Kirsten.” Adele batted her eyelashes innocently. Kirsten’s eyes widened.

“You’re...” Kirsten looked her friend up and down. “I can’t... you know what, I don’t believe you anymore. You’re such a bitch now. You’ve changed so much. I don’t even know why I’m still your friend.”

Adele gaped. “You don’t mean that, Kirsten. Come on. Please?”

“No. You know what? Just don’t talk to me anymore until you figure out what’s wrong with yourself. And don’t even go to Riley because I know she’s feeling like this too.” Kirsten spun on her heel and walked away, leaving Adele totally clueless in the middle of the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, like, I wrote this really quickly in an excited hurry. The end is coming! Haha.
D':
HUGE-MEGA-SUPER-LOVE to all of you. I swear. <33333 (times a million).
:]